Thursday, June 19, 2008

Tomorrow, Tomorrow,





I love ya tomorrow. You're only a day away. YIPPPEEEE! I only have 19 hours until I am in a car on my way to MY SISTERS. WOOHOO! I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW JAZZED I AM! (Oh wait, I guess you can probably tell.) It will be a really long car ride, right around 16 hours. I hate riding in the car. But I will suck it up and try really hard not to complain. On Saturday we will be going to my Mom's (Aiken) family reunion. All her Aunties and cousins and her sisters and their families and of course Grandma. I am excited to see them...but honestly I'm dreading it a little. A lot of my Mom in one space. I'm not so sure I'm ready for all that. I do OK when it's just me and my memories that I can pull out when I'm tough enough. But how do I deal with 50 or so well wishers? Not sure how that's gonna go. Well, I guess I'll just take a page from Kami's book and smile. What else matters? I'm really going to miss that girl (and her Mom). The rest of the trip will be spent visiting Jim's parents and Grandpa, and spending time with my family. I am really looking forward to that. Jim will be home before me. Jo and I get to stay a while. I am so thankful that he understands how important that is for me. So, for now, I will say see you soon. I hope to be able to blog while I'm there, but I'm not sure yet. I'll miss you.


4 comments:

Charlene said...

I couldn't quite tell if you were excited or not?:) Have a fabulous time in Idaho! Say hi to my family if you see any!

the mom~ said...

Oh my, have a wonderful time in ID. I hope the reunion is bittersweet and not overwhelming, I know how that can be. Praying for safe travels and a fun time...oh and nice weather.

Heather said...

Holy Cow, we are going to miss you!!! Kamiryn asked tonight, "can I just go with Lori Reader to Idaho?". And I love you SO MUCH that actually considered it ;) !!!
I'll have to hang up that photo of the two of you for her to look at every day. I'm excited for you to be with your sisters, I do know how special that bond is. Know that you will be missed.....see ya in July.

Teresa said...

Hi Lori (this is cousin Teresa)! My Mom told me you had a blog, so I thought that I better check it out! Wish we could have seen you guys while we were in Utah:c( I guess you will just need to come visit us in NM!:c) Until then, feel free to visit my blog: taynjack@blogspot.com