It's been a tough week. Working in a classroom where the kids have behavior issues on top of their emotional issues....I'm exhausted. My sweet daughter, seeing me about at the end of my rope, offered to make some cookies. Of course...she is 16 so it was a conditional offer. She would make them if I would clean up the mess. I wasn't sure if I had enough energy to accomplish the task....but the lure of chocolate chip cookies was just too great. I'm weak....what can I say?

The cookies looked and smelled great....it's always
a crap shoot an adventure with her in the kitchen. I was beginning to dread my clean-up responsibilities when I came upon this scene....

Score! I totally have the energy for this size of mess.

Slam dunk...and the kitchen is clean!

I love my Jo....she always seems to know what I need......She just doesn't always give it to me! Teenagers!
5 comments:
Perfect! I love your Jo too. She is awesome! And hurray for yummy cookies and no mess. :)
Nothing like warm chocolate chip cookies to take the stress away...and even if they are from a package...easy clean up & quicker to get in the tummy. :)
Oh my heck Lori, could your child think any more like us if she tried! I am so thankful that you two have each other! I miss you so much it hurts, but it helps to know you have each other! I love you both!
I love how warm chocolate chip cookies can be a stress reliever and a problem solver. Good job, Jo!
She is one of a kind, how lucky you both are to have each other :)
Post a Comment