Saturday, January 2, 2010

Minnesota Tough

Now that we have a fabulous snow blower, we don't shovel so much any more. Jo's responsibilities have been whittled down to keeping the deck cleared. There wasn't a lot of snow on the 17th of December....so when she was sent outside she didn't plan on being out there very long. (Sorry about the photos. I had to take them on the sly)
I asked her if she was sure that is what she wanted to wear. Wouldn't she be warmer in...oh, I don't know.....pants? She said she would be fine. Didn't I know she is Minnesota tough?
Apparently I didn't know. Off she went and all was well...until....the meter reader rounded the corner!! I wish I'd had my camera out at that point. I missed the priceless expression on his face and the devil-may-care look on hers. He asked her if she was cold....she looked almost offended when she answered no.(Obviously he didn't get the "Jo is Minnesota tough" memo either!) I just love this kid. She marches not just to her own drummer but she has her own stinking rock band following her around.

7 comments:

Kim said...

At least her head is warm! An that is MN tough...didn't take her long to get tough.

the mom~ said...

ROFL, I'm dying here...that outfit is cracking me up, the wedge heels, the hat, the shorts...HHAHAHA I love it!!!

Heather said...

OH MY GOSH...that is some good blogging right there! I love this so very much. Jo is indeed awesome and you are awesome too for getting this on record. I love it!

Grandma Rozla said...

Oh my this is so funny! I love it. It is priceless. So glad you captured the pictures :)

Nae said...

Hilarious! Jo certainly has an inner heater goin' on. Love those heals, hat and shorts, she is really working it. Good for you, Jo!!

Rochelleht said...

I'm loving the shoes.

Kim said...

Really, could she be any cooler!??!? I totally love that kida and miss her! You got a good one sister!