Friday, April 30, 2010

Another Magnetic Board

I have issues. Let's just get that out there right off the bat. I don't want anyone to think that my house being SPOTLESS is normal in any way. I think a little "lived in" makes a place feel homey. You know, not so sterile. So keeping my house in this not so normal state is messing with my OCD. I begin to obsess over everything and get these manic bursts of cleaning power and I feel out of control. After 2 days of weird....I decided to make something. I figured that would bring me back to my normal level of insanity and I can stop obsessing about every little thing can stop driving my daughter nuts. I got this frame a while back at the Salvation Army Thrift Store.I paid $2.80 for it and saw some great potential.....in red.....
I sprayed it the most fabulous red and have been looking for a project for it. I like my cork project board that I made a while back. It is quite handy....and pretty....but I needed something different. So instead of the hour trip to Hobby Lobby I just went to my own neighborhood Home Depot. Did you know they have sheets of metal there? Yep...they're not huge....but just big enough for this project. I grabbed my cutters and some glue and started measuring. One thing I did learn while making this....the metal starts with wicked sharp edges...but when you cut it they become much worse. Word to the wise...watch that exposed skin!!
I will tell you that in the middle of this project I had a mini melt -down. Yeah...not pretty. Things were spiraling out of my control and there was nothing I could about it so...I started removing things from my walls. Yeah....a lot of roosters paid the price for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Some would argue that I should have grabbed a paint brush and headed for Jo's room with all this maniacal energy...but those people are wrong. The roosters had it coming any way. They taunt me from their lofty perches.
They thought they were safe up high where I couldn't reach them. I showed them. When they were down I did feel a little better. Like I did indeed have some control over the universe. Like things were in order across the board....not just across the kitchen.
Better....at least for now. Poor little guys.
Anyhoo...I did manage to finish the magnetic project board. I LOVE the red. It makes me happy.
I love it so much I think I will keep it and hang it in my new craft room at my new house in Nebraska....lucky me....

3 comments:

Tootles said...

LoVe them both !
Did you do a post on how to make the cork board ? Would love to make something or things that cute.
And, do just use any ol spary paint?
Lori

the mom~ said...

How much could I pay you to make me one in red? I am so not crafty and I love all your projects!

Nae said...

Your craft room is going to LOVE the magnetic board! Poor roosters... Bet you have a plan for those frames tho'!