Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Ride Home

I did have a fantastic time in Idaho the last few days. It was more fun that I can convey in words. I will share a couple photos and stories in the days to come. This story is about my trip home. I don't love airports. Mostly...I just hate going through security. I'm always in a panic that something will go wrong and I'll be forced to have a body cavity search or something. It's an irrational fear...but that's just how I roll. After I get to my gate I am usually content to read or people watch. There were some doosies this trip for sure! When I first sat down I noticed this girl sitting across and down a couple of seats from me. She looked so much like Jo's friend from Rigby (Ashleigh) that I kept looking at her. It was just weird. I noticed the (short)t-shirt dress she was wearing over (what I thought were her) brown leggings and some UGG-like boots. Very comffy...But when she got up to get on her plane I noticed that she wasn't wearing leggings (or panties)....they were tights. How did I know this...you ask...Well, when she got up to leave, her t-shirt dress had ridden up and her hiney was hanging out for all to see. She wasn't the least bit concerned and casually walked to the gate and disappeared behind the door. Weird...But it gets better. There was this guy walking around. I'd seen him a couple of times as he was hard to miss. He was wearing his Jamaica t-shirt and his blond hair was done in dirty dread locks. He had BIG earphones covering his ears with what I can only assume must sound like music (to him alone) blaring into his head. He would occasionally sing whatever lyrics he could understand at a decibel level equal to the volume I use when someone has displeased me greatly. So funny. He actually got on the plane to Fargo and while de-planing gave us another short snippet of vocal vomit. I watched him in disbelief. The lady next to me said, "Well, he looks like fun." To which the short tan man next to us replied, "Yeah, then you sit by him next time!" It was a serious laugh out loud moment for me as I tried to imagine myself...the socially awkward....sitting next to ganja boy. That would be an interesting social experiment for sure. The flight it's self was smooth until we tried to land and then the wind blew us around like a Wal-Mart bag across the runway. It was a little frightening....OK...it was a terrifying experience that would have had my sister in tears. But, all's well that ends well and I made it safely home. I had such a great visit with my family and I learned a new craft...WOOHOO!!! Just what I needed!!! hahahaha So watch for pics and posts in the next few days. They will be worth the wait...maybe....

5 comments:

Nae said...

You have me a perfect mental picture of ganja boy and fanny girl! Very entertaining! Welcome home - you were missed!!

Heather said...

Hey, we could write a comic...Ganja boy and Fanny girl! We'll be rich. I love your stories....you have such a way with words! Missed you and glad you are home safe!

the mom~ said...

Hahaaa...we had a girl in our hotel lobby in Cabo that had the exact outfit on...and she kept BENDING OVER to get things out of her suitcase/purse...whatever she could do to bend over...you ahould have seen the guys (& me) staring in disbelief! LOL
Glad you're home safely!

msorensen said...

Thanks for coming to see us!! You are so great!! I miss you already!! Can't wait to see you in July, Julier!!! hahahaha!!

Kim said...

SEE I TOLD YOU THAT THE LANDINGS ARE AWFUL!!! Hehe! Lets hope mine is not that way in June! I am so happy you came, and I miss you so much already! Matt calls it my Lori blues! hehe! Love you!