You those times when you have the bug to make something....but you really don't know what. I had that happen a few days ago. So I wandered into
the magic the messy craft room and started to look around. What I came up with was a linen tea towel and a foam craft wreath and an over abundance of fall ribbon. Wreath!! Ok...in my head there was a picture like this...

or this.....

or even this....

But, let's face it....my flower arranging skills are limited and I hate trips out in the 95* (plus 95% humidity!) heat.....so I tend to use the stuff I have on hand. I took the tea towel and cut off the edges and then tore it into strips. The foam wreath base is green and not so pretty...so I used the towel to cover the green.

I wrapped the strips around the wreath and fastened them with hot glue.

Then I hung it on the wall and took a picture. Ok...obvious...I know. Sorry.

Now for the ribbon. I got a bunch of ribbon for 75% off at Hobby Lobby last year and needed to use it. I cut something like 2 feet off of each spool and started wrapping it around the beautified wreath base.

And then I hung it....oh...you get it....It was missing something and the bows I was making didn't seem to fit. In my purge to get ready to move I must have rid myself of a lot of fabric as I couldn't find any fall fabric to make flowers. So I cut into some stray fall bunches I had lying around and hot glued them on the ribbon.

This isn't quite how it looked in my head...not exactly. It is different...I guess that is good. Still not what I expected. I guess that all can't be winners.

Here's hoping your crafting adventures prove more fruitful!
Check out this link party and find some great ideas!!
6 comments:
Oh it is a winner for sure in my book! Plus the Fall colors help take my mind off of the stinkin' heat and humidity!! You are a "make-it-work" woman after my own heart!
That is actually really really cute! Love the idea of using ribbon. :)
I wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog to enter the Giveaway. Hope you'll come visit again soon. :)
Thanks for linking up. I think it turned out really cute. I like the various colored ribbons.
Hi there, just stopping in from Keep'n the Sunny side fall wreath party! I just lurv your wreath! I think I'll keep this idea in mind for Christmas time!
How cute! I really like the idea of using all the different ribbon.
Your wreath turned out really lovely. The variety of ribbons makes the wreath so interesting. Very creative.
Linda(NorthernStarCa)
Post a Comment