Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Touch of Aqua

Lately I have been diggin' all things aqua. I even painted my laundry room a startling shade of aqua. It is surprisingly bright. It does look better with stuff on the wall. I am hoping to tone it down a bit more with some curtains. Then I can show you...my friends who don't judge me....the finished project. I am waiting to show you the finished project because it bugs me to show anyone until it is finished and fabulous. Just how I roll. That being said I found THE CUTEST little owl EVER! I was looking at Hobby Lobby the other day....just scanning the fall decor when I came across this little gem.
There were 3 sizes but since they weren't on sale yet....I only got the littlest one. The thing I love the most about him are his eyes. It's hard to tell but the lines around his eyes are aqua. Yep...one thing I love (owls) enmeshed with another of my loves (aqua). I really heart him!
And then at the dollar store...there was this little guy. Cute...but the most awful shade of nude. A sad washed out hue of peach. I like a lot of variation in my pumpkin display....But I just couldn't love this color. So....cue the spray paint. (You're shocked, I know)
So here it is just plain old aqua. Beautiful, simple....a bit boring.....
I do love the simple look, but I figured I could do better. So, I brought out the glaze and the q-tips.
Now he has some dimension and personality. And he is SO fabulous.
He makes a statement without saying a word ;) I do love the unexpected pop of color. My other pumpkins seem to like him too. He's a keeper!
Bring on Fall. I am SO ready!

And I'll be linking to a few parties...

Toot Your Horn Tuesday
The Pumpkin Patch
The Creative Juices

6 comments:

the mom~ said...

I'm soooo ready for fall as well!!!

Nae said...

Ready, Set, Go! I love your little pumpkin and owl... freakin' cute! Yes, bring on Fall! And this morning it was 58 degrees and felt very fall-ish. I am lovin' it!

Kim said...

I would love fall if only it didn't bring on winter! NOT A FAN! Cute new pumpkin and owl! Love ya!

Sarah @ The Pumpkin Patch said...

I love it!! My mother in law has that painting in her home and I have always loved it. i love all of the pumpkins too. They look great together.

Thanks for linking to Transform Tuesday...it's very nice to meet you!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a wonderful idea. I love the color. It's funny how some colors just all of a sudden grab us. I am hung up on orange at the moment. lol Love your vignette, it is so pretty. Hugs, Marty

msorensen said...

your little owl and pumpkin are stinking cute!! I wish I had time to do more crafts like you!! And that I lived next door to you and Kim lived on the other side. That would be grand!! hahahaha!!