Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Little Change

A while back I ran across this blog. I fell in love with the wreath she created and saved a pic so I could make one when the mood struck. Well.....it hit me like lightening the other day and so here is number one in the trilogy. I gathered some cheap felt, yarn scissors, glue gun and a wreath form I bought at the dollar store.
I cut different sized circles (bigger than a CD down to the lid on hubby's sippy cup). For the first couple circles I cut them into uniform spirals. They turned out ok....but the ones I like best had more of a wavy pattern instead. So instead of spiraled circles they were more spiraled amoebas. I used the yarn to wrap around the wreath base (or floral foam....whatever). It took forever quite a while to get that part of the project finished.
Then picking out my favorite rosettes I began to hot glue them to the yarn. I will tell you that I used 3 sheets of soft pink and 3 sheets of bright pink.
I also made some red and white rosettes....but now I have to buy some black yarn. That will be for the second of 3.......
Here is the "grouping" before. See the tassel on the left? I've never been a tassel fan until I found this at Hobby Lobby in the 65% off section. I fell in love with it's soft pink ribbons and frilly girliness.
Here is the new wreath hung up for all to see. Not sure if it will stay there yet. I'll have to think about that one.
A close up of the soft textures and roundness of it all.
I do like the way it turned out and can't wait to start on it's sisters!
I am linking with Met Monday and I Made THIS Tuesday.So make sure you check out the projects there.

3 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh wow, how cute is this. Your entire vignette is so pretty. I love it. You are defiitely all set for Valentine's. Gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

Nae said...

Your wreath is darling. The felt rosettes are fabulous. You, my dear, are so creative and talented!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

I love your wreath! So perfect for Valentine's Day! All your other stuff looks cute too!