Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Love Blocks

I promise that this is my last Valentine's Day craft post....OK...well....Maybe it is. But it is close to the last one. Some of you may have heard that I bought my very first saw. A 10" Circular Saw (a chop saw). It's shiny and beautiful and loud. And now I don't have to wait for Hubby to cut wood for my silly craft projects. So here is some of the first wood I cut. Just a basic 2x6 board. I cut some of it into squares.
And painted them black. So far so good....right?
Then I pulled some paper out of my stash and cut some squares of some that I liked and Mod Podged the paper to the blocks. Make sure you let the paper dry really well before putting a layer of Mod Podge on the top. After that dries, sand the edges.....paper and all.
Then I used some glaze on the edges and put some vinyl letters on the blocks. I thought the "L" looked a little plain so I went back to my stash and found a heart and some ribbon.
Here it is with the ever-evolving Valentine's Day vignette.
I made this plain set too. I like the simplicity of it. It works well anywhere I put it. Have you made any crafts lately?

I am linking this to Somewhat Simple's Strut Your Stuff link party.

9 comments:

Grandma Rozla said...

LoVe It!!!!!!

Teresa said...

No, I am living vicariously through you. Still wishing you had moved here...you could have borrowed my chop saw and I could have borrowed your vinyl lettering machine! Buuummmmer.

Kim said...

You ROCK..that's all!

Tragic Sensation said...

LOVE! Is that redundant? But I do!

the mom~ said...

those are fabulous! I love my wood block you made me!

Kathleen said...

very cute! i "LOVE" it (yeah, i'm so punny).

Heather said...

No, I'm outsourcing my crafting now remember? I THINK about crafting all the time, I just haven't done any actual crafting lately. Looking forward to next month when we can do some crafting together. Love what you've done though.....the last set of blocks are my favorite. Love the picture holder thingy too...very cool. Oh, and of course your wreaths. And candle holders. It's all fabulous....just like you!

Nae said...

Love the papers you used on the larger LoVe and the Bling-Bling on the smaller blocks. You are on a roll!

Topper said...

Too cute! Glad you're enjoying your new toy. :)