Thursday, February 24, 2011

An Old T-Shirt Wreath

Obviously I'm obsessed. But just so you don't picture every inch of wall space in my house covered by these round beauties, I have actually given all but 3 away. It's true. So on that note...what do you do with old t-shirts that still have some wear left but you are sick of looking at them? Cut them up? Huh...me too!! And that is precisely what I did.
I cut them into strips and some into swirls.
Swirls??? Of course. Lay your fabric out like this and cut around in a big ol' swirl.
And here you have a rosette in the making.....
Some I tied together and rolled up. Some I left in single strands.
I had a green ribbon-wrapped floral foam wreath base that needed a project. The green was throwing my colors off so I added some aqua ribbon too.
I used my trusty, smokin' hot glue gun, and put some beads in the middle of the flowers and then glued the whole mess on the wreath base.
It was missing a little something so I added some chip board letters that I picked up on sale at Michael's. Spring....isn't it on every one's minds lately?
There ya go. She is boxed up and ready to go to a very dear friend of mine as a pay it forward gift. I hope it brightens her day.

6 comments:

Teresa said...

Very cute! Have you considered an etsy shop??

Grandma Rozla said...

Oh so cute! Wherever do you get all your creative inspiration??

Connie said...

Your wreath is adorable. What a good idea to cut up old T-shirts, very frugal of you.

Kathleen said...

ha! so, you HAVE been up to something! very cute, oh-talented one!

the mom~ said...

I love this one!

Colleen Miller said...

Wow! What an amazing way to reduce, reuse and recycle! Your wreath turned out gorgeous!!!! Old shirts, who would have thought? Great job!