My first RAK was to hand out cookies. Seems easy right....unless you are socially awkward....then it is a little bit of a challenge. I took the easy path for the first two bags. I took them to my Vet's office. They are always so friendly and kind...I loved the looks I got when I tried to explain. Good times....The next three bags went with me to the Wal-Greens. It.was.hard. I had to approach strangers and offer them a bag of cookies. What was I thinking?? I chose a grandma lady first...she smiled and graciously accepted my offering no problem. Since it was 10:00 a.m. the store was nearly deserted, it took a minute to find my next
Next up was the mailman...since we sometimes have a man and sometimes it's a woman I just addressed it to Postal Worker...Cookies in the 98* mailbox...probably a little melty, but who doesn't LOVE that??
Looks like they got a little melty just walking down the road to the mailbox!!
Stephy and I (cause Jo was at work) ran to Target to get supplies for our next adventure. I have a friend who is a new Mom (of her 4th baby). She was feeling overwhelmed and so we gathered a few goodies and headed her way. Cupcakes for her and some water toys and buckets for the older kids....Mostly I think she just needed an ear for a minute and I was SO happy to help her out.
Then we headed back home to assemble a few more goodies. I bought $5 gift cards to Target and $5 gift cards to Starbucks, there were bags of candy too and we rolled up dollar bills and attached them to RAK cards to disperse around the toy section at the dollar store.
Jo and Steph then took all these to the mall....due to an unexpected glitch in my plan....I was unable to participate.
They had a blast handing out the RAK's and explaining that they were doing it for my 40th birthday present.
There is so much more to tell you about. The week just got better and better. I hope you all had a chance to do some Random Acts of Kindness. I know it made my birthday so special.









7 comments:
How fun and it sounds like you had a ball. I am sure everyone enjoyed your special gifts and kindness. Hugs, Marty
You are truly inspiring. I think you did a fabulous job 'paying it forward'. Random acts of kindness are the best because people just don't expect things like that outside of maybe at Christmas time. I wish I could say I did something wonderful but I am a flake and spaced it.
WAY TO GO GIRL!!!
What a great way to celebrate...you inspire me!
I had a super fun time (although I relate to some of the socially awkward moments)spreading RAK in honor of You and your 40th! You are amazing and selfless - just two of the characteristics that make you my sister-chic!
HAHAHA! Oh man I would give anything to have seen you give the man at Wal-greens some cookies! PRICELESS!!!!!!
totally awesome!
you sure made a difference in my day! such a great idea and you are VERY BRAVE indeed!
Post a Comment