Tuesday, May 7, 2013

All But Done

Here it is. The before and after...with the new curtains!! I am so excited to have this project finished...as finished as any project really is in my house.
Notice that cute boy sitting on the couch? He is thinking to himself, "Hhmmmm, I think this room needs a new color." And he was so right.
Enter a paint crew of two. Took them the better part of one day to do the walls. Awesome!

See that cute boy on the couch? He is thinking to himself, "Wow. Why didn't I think to hire someone to this before?" I wondered the same thing cute boy!!
It also took the better part of one day to do the ceiling and the accent wall. Three coats of paint later, they were done. (Notice the light over the kitchen table....)
I changed a few things around. Added a few...left some off...but my favorite additions are the new curtains. I found them on Etsy after searching every curtain site Google threw at me. They are lovely. As I was putting stuff back on the walls, I noticed that most of my stuff was red and gray and black. I panicked a bit. I didn't want to get locked in. I love color. It makes me happy. So when I saw this fabric...it was love at first sight. It has no red in it...but it works. Very coordinated and fun without being all matchy matchy....LOVE!!
So now there is new paint which led to new curtains which will ultimately lead to a new light over the kitchen table. I am on the hunt. It is so exciting. 
Mother's Day is coming. Are you ready?

4 comments:

Kim said...

NEVER READY FOR IT! UGH! I love the new paint! It looks amazing! Good job on the curtains! LUFF YOU!

the mom~ said...

Super love. Those are pretty close to the same two colors in our office room. Now I need to get new curtains for that room too. Love your choice!

Kathleen said...

looks lovely! great curtains! i miss you!

Teresa said...

I just love the feeling of a "new" room! LOVE the curtains!! Looks very nice!