Monday, May 20, 2013 at 3:30 p.m. the most perfect little boy was born. Weighing in at 6 lbs. 13 oz and measuring 20 inches long he is smaller than we thought he'd be.
Michael is a name both Abby and Kevin have always loved. When Kevin would play house with Jo his name was always Michael. It is funny that he found someone who loves the name as much as he does. James is a family name. Kevin and Abby's dads are both James and so is Abby's brother. This boy is destined for great things. (He already loves his blanket!!)
Lots of dark hair and a soft cry are the first things Kev and Abby noticed about their son. When Kevin called after Michael had been born I could tell he was a changed man. There was a reverence to his voice, he had witnessed a miracle and he knew it.
My Dad and Zeffie were first on the scene. They are such cute GREAT-GRANDPARENTS (so funny to think about). It is funny to think of myself as a grandma now. My grandma had such an impact on my life...and my Mom was the most amazing grandma ever. In the history of ever. She would play for hours on the floor with her grandkids. She didn't spend a ton of money on them. She invested her time. I want to be THAT grandma. The muffin baking, truck rolling, sprinkler running grandma. Grandma Honey. That will be me.
My sweet friend and work out buddy brought me the most thoughtful gift. Balloons, flowers and a couple outfits for Michael all wrapped in big blue bows. I get so emotional just thinking about it. Kevin had called me before I headed to the gym to let me know that they were headed to the hospital. Katrina had to listen to me go on and on about my excitement.
Months ago I had been getting a nudge from my loving Heavenly Father letting me know that if I wanted the results from the gym that I had been praying for, I'd better be prepared to get there early. Katrina called me and asked if I needed a work out partner at the very early hour of 5 a.m. At first I said no....then remembering my prayers, I called her back. She is such a great work-out buddy. I like going at 5 now and I know she is a big reason why.
She has 4 sons at home and loves them dearly. She knew it was hard for me to not be there with Kevin but admired me for my restraint. I wanted to give them a couple weeks to themselves to get used to their new addition and adjust to being a family. I will visit soon...but this time is sacred and I want them to be able to enjoy every minute without having to entertain guests.
So there it is, the biggest new of my entire year. I'll have more pictures soon. Kevin and Abby have been so sweet and generous with the pictures they have sent. We have even oovooed and facetimed a bit. I love technology. It makes the distance feel smaller for a bit. This new little man has my heart. This has got to be the coolest thing ever.
We've Moved!
1 year ago









10 comments:
Coolest thing in the history of ever. Sweetest baby in the history of ever.
Most amazing Grandma Honey in the history of ever.
Best workout partner in the history of......the last 2 years. Bwahahahaha. Love you. Love Katrina for doing this for you.
I can't wipe the smile off of my face......this is truly GREAT!!!!
The greatest....in the history of ever. Love you.
Oh, my dear, dear, Lori! I am leaking reading your blog. YOU are already the BEST grandma Honey in the History of EVER!! Michael will know you, love you and be forever changed by YOU. I am also so grateful for your wonderful friend, Katrina. HE always gives us exactly what we need, when we need it. May Blessings continue to be showered upon you and those you love. Life is FABULOUS!
I am so happy for you! Kevin is the CUTEST Dad in the history of EVER. I just love how he is just gushing about Michael on Facebook! You raised him well Grandma ;c) I still can't get used to YOU being a Grandma though! But, I know you are going to ROCK IT! Love you!!
Lori, being a grandma is the best thing ever! You'll be a wonderful grandma! Congratulations!!!
Congratulations! What an exciting blessed event in your lives! We can't wait to be grandparents...weird saying that..lol.
Congrats Grandma Honey!!! So adorable and precious. I'm so happy for you.
Oh Congratulations!!!!!! He is definitley adorable and so precious. Hugs, Marty
I can feel your excitement from here, you are so cute. I can't believe you have such restraint, man that must be hard not to catch a bus, train or plane (or a bike or a horse or a camel) and head to Utah. Congratulations grandma!!!
Ahhhh, not only are you already the greatest Grandma Honey but to give the new parents space and time...wow! You're the best mom ever, too! Congrats on your new blessing. What a joy!
congratulations, grandma! such a sweet baby! What an exciting time for you all :-).
Post a Comment