Saturday, January 11, 2014

My Grandma

Today the world lost a great lady. My grandma (my mama's mudder) passed away this morning. She lived a good long life. I'm not sad for her. She is reunited with her sweetheart and her parents and my Mom. Grandma grieved hard for the loss of her daughter. I know she is celebrating and at rest. I am sad for me though. More than I thought I would be. We've known this was coming for a while. I just wanted to post a few pictures of her doing what she loved best....being with her family. Of course most of these photos are from the digital age so my kids are the babies in the photos, but she was a huge presence in my life. I appreciate the time she invested in me (and all of my cousins). She taught me so much. She will be missed.
(above) Jo and Lacey swinging on the porch just visiting.
(below) Brook and Bridger during one of the hardest trips to Meeker we made. We had whiny babies, humidity and sickness. Oh the memories!!
Pretty sure this was Lacey's blessing day. 
Baby Kevin and Mom, Grandma and me. We were so young!!
Baby Bridger!
Sweet Jo and the girls...priceless.
I think I am about 11 years old in this picture. This is my grandma's family as of 1983??
Lots of Meeker pictures. When Grandma moved to Meeker, CO we started taking yearly trips to visit. They became some of our favorite memories. I am so thankful for the blessings of family. Families ARE forever!!

6 comments:

Teresa said...

These pictures are wonderful!

Teresa said...

These pictures are wonderful!

Connie said...

Oh Lori, I am so sorry for your loss. Even though we know that time is coming it is still hard to think about your life without her. Great family photo's to cherish.

Kim said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, all the pics! We sure did get lucky in the Gram department didn't we! One of a kind for sure!

Teresa said...

I just remembered on one of these trips to Meeker Kevin had heard us call you Lori and started to do the same. So, for the rest of the weekend we all called you "Mom". It was quite funny!

the mom~ said...

Lori, I am so sad for your loss. Losing Grandmas are hard, very hard. I hope you can find some peace through the memories and pictures. Praying for you.