This is the weirdest dog ever!! If you have ever been to my house, Nellie has no doubt showed you one of her many babies. She packs them around the house and loves to show them to anyone who will tell her how great they are. She doesn't want you to take them. Or pull them, or squeak them. Just tell her how nice they are and she'll go lay down. Well, last night Jo and I had finished loving on Nellie before going to bed. We hadn't been out of the room for five minutes before Jo found Nellie packing this "baby" around. She dug it out of the trash....a waffle from dinner. By the look on her face you know that she knows she isn't supposed to have it. She wouldn't give it up...and she wouldn't eat it. I told Jo to just leave her and see what she did.
She followed Jo with it downstairs and just laid there. Darla, of course, wanted it more than she could stand and tried picking a fight with Nellie to see if she would drop it. No dice. Nellie just ran back upstairs. I came out of my room and tried to get her to give it to me. I even tried to get her to trade it for a puppy cookie. Nope. But she did swallow it (practically whole) and then eat the cookie too. Weirdest dog ever. Who ever heard of a waffle baby??
We've Moved!
1 year ago



3 comments:
That is so funny! It's like Lucy with socks and dryer sheets! She doesn't eat them, just carries them around and will drop them at your feet. Too funny!
Oh, I love her! She is so funny! Thanks for the smile!
Dogs are so smart. I'll bet she would like some bacon with that waffle, maybe that is what she was trying to convey?
Post a Comment