Friday, May 14, 2010

All Sorts of Things

I have been up to all sorts of things lately. I had a whollipin' good cry the day before Mother's Day. I didn't mean to. I hadn't planned on it. It just sort of snuck up on me. Oh well. Then on Mother's Day my Missionary called home. He sounded so good. I loved talking to my baby. But all too soon it was over...and then the dark cloud descended again. Oh well. Today the sun came out (literally and figuratively) and I was able to focus long enough to work on a project. There are a couple of women that befriended me while I was working at the elementary school. I just wanted to give them a little something to let them know that someone out there (me) appreciates the hard work they do. So I started by painting the blocks green. Why green, you ask...IDK...It just struck my fancy.
Then I painted over them with Heirloom White and let it dry. Then I gave them a good sanding.
I assembled the usual cast of characters....paper trimmer, Mod Podge, Distress Ink, glue, vinyl letters, tin clippers and sheet metal. I ended up not using most of these thing...but I like the way they turned out.
Teaching from the heart is what these women do. They are amazing.
This is the "before" shot of me on the first day that I had my braces. Wicked cool....Yeah, right!!
And the good news is...they are coming off in 3 weeks!! WOOHOO!!!! I am so over-the-top excited!! Just a bit more tweaking and I will be good as new!! Well...better than new I guess since this is the way they have always been.
I do hope the sun is shining where ever you are and you are able to get out and enjoy it!!

2 comments:

Rochelleht said...

Your teeth look great! As I'm currently missing one, I'm a tad jealous... ;-)

Nae said...

I love the color combination on the para-gifts. Too cool!

Can't believe the transformation in your smile. Great before and after! How did she do that??