Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Jolt of Courage

Two posts in one day!! Unheard of!!I just wanted to give a huge thank you to my sisters for the care package I received today. Seriously...this poster had the voice to tell Old Me to sit down and shut up. I can try my best and my best will be good enough. Good enough for them...and most importantly...good enough for me. They will love me regardless of the outcome of the race. I knew that...I just forgot for a second. They sent a poster and a bunch of running goodies. I can not articulate how much this means to me. Thanks guys....
Yes, I am Aunt Larry. Miss Lacey Lou dubbed me that and it is a name I cherish.
My little man signed it too!!
They all did...in their own way.
I love this more than I can even say.
If you had seen my shaking hands and tearful eyes as I opened the box you'd have thought I was crazy (if you didn't already).
And the card...icing on the cake....
I could not have better sisters. I cherish the support and love I get from them on a daily basis. Lost would I be....without we three....

7 comments:

Teresa said...

What great Sisters you have!!! So sweet! Good luck girl!

Christy said...

LOVE those sisters of yours as well :)

The care package...priceless! That card - i laughed right out loud here at work!!

Kim said...

You have some awesome sisters! Now you will have no problem with this! You go girl!!

Kim said...

I can't even tell you how happy I am that it made it to you! We all love you so much and know you can do it! I am happy Christy gave you that advice in your last post! I hope it helps! RUN LARRY RUN!

Charlene said...

Make sure someone is holding that sign for you during your race! That way your sisters will be there cheering you on!

Nae said...

Love the care package! Talk about uplifting!! Remember, lots of people talk about racing but you are actually DOING IT!! No matter how it turns out it will most definitely be enough. Just try!

Heather said...

Kim and Michelle totally rock...just like their big sister!!! You will rock this out.....I know you will!