Friday, June 18, 2010

Reconnected

I am finally back in the land of the connected. For more than a week I have been using my son's old laptop with the short bus key board and an air card that my hubby uses for work. While I have been thankful for the little bit of access they have allowed us....I MISSED having a real computer and a real internet connection. That being said, I have a lot to catch you up on. We'll have to start slow as I am still unpacking boxes and I can't spend every waking minute with my new toys. Here is what my back yard looked like this morning. The line of thunderstorms was very defined. It got really windy and dark, very fast!
It was crazy cool to watch the clouds swirling around. They were moving so fast and just rolling all over the place. It was freaky, really.
This is what my living room looked like on Friday and most of Saturday. It is better now...but my whole house looked like this. It took 3 full days of the 3 of us working until we were really cranky with each other before it was even a little closer to acceptable.
My new craft room is the last to be unpacked. I am getting a little antsy to get started on it. I told myself that I would wait until everything else was put together first. I tend to get a little obsessive....but you knew that.
So for now....rest assured that I am back and I will be posting a project I've been working on and some shots of my house all prettied up very soon!!

6 comments:

Rochelleht said...

How fun!! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Yea, Nebraska is a tornado state. Like Texas. Crazy how fast that sky can turn green.

Connie said...

Oh my goodness, you have been very busy. Moving is A LOT of work. I can't wait to see your craft room all put together and the crafting to begin.

Those clouds looked very angry.

the mom~ said...

Yah, can't wait to see your new house!

Kim said...

Looks like you will have your work cut out for you. MN had a record of 36 reported tornadoes yesterday. Some deaths and lots of destruction.

Charlene said...

I hope those clouds just rolled by and nothing more!! Can't wait to see your new home all nice and beautiful!

Nae said...

Welcome back!! I like that you are connected again. We have had some interesting weather here as well. I keep waiting and waiting for real summer weather, but I guess we have to take the good with the bad. You have been a very busy girl. I am excited to see the continued transformation.