Monday, January 17, 2011

Create

Funny how things just happen. OK...So I don't really believe that things just happen. I believe they happen for a reason. I have some amazing girlfriends back in MN. It seems as if I always one step behind them in fabulosity. They decided, a couple years ago, to train for a race. I let my inner critic stop me from joining them....until the next year. I was amazed at what I could accomplish when I put that nagging voice of self doubt to the back where it was harder to hear. For the past few years instead of making New Year's Resolutions....they chose one word to help them focus on the things they wanted to change in their lives. They have used clean and quiet among others. Again...I resisted. Until this year...This year I have been thinking of a word that I could focus on that would help me make a better life for myself and for my family. About two weeks ago I decided on the word CREATE. I love to make things and create a nice space for my family to live. I've also been thinking about using CREATE to define how I want to create a new me....maybe not a new me....but an improved one. So as all of this is going through my head I stumble across this.....I found it on one of my favorite blogs....but it is also on YouTube.




This pretty much cemented my resolve to use this word. CREATE is the word for me this year. Not just craft-wise.....but in all areas of my life. Did you make any resolutions? Do you usually stick with them??

3 comments:

Heather said...

That is one of my all time favorite talks and I absolutely LOVE that youtube video. I think create is the perfect word and I'd say you have a pretty good start going. Good job and love you!

Connie said...

What a wonderful word to choose. I know you are well on your way, I have seen some of your creations. I can't wait to see what else you have in store.

By the way, how did your subway art turn out? Did you get it finished in time for Christmas?

Nae said...

I look forward to watching you "create" in 2011. Have I told you lately what an inspiration you are to me? YOU ARE!!