Monday, February 7, 2011

For Grandma Good

I have been trying to do things to keep this month from pulling me under the wheels of the bus that go round and round. One thing I've been doing is LOTS of crafting. Today I made a gift for my Grandma. She always had lemon drops at her house while I was growing up....so I thought about sending her a big bucket full for Valentine's Day. I had some felt flowers left from my wreaths and I wanted to incorporate them as well. So I took some skewers and hot glue and got to work. If I had had more time (and warm weather for spraying) I'd have painted the skewers green.....but I didn't.
I took a vase I already had (from GW) and washed it really well. Then I lined it with tin foil....cause that's how I roll. Then I hot glued the felt flowers to the skewers and used Hubby's wire cutters (not mine in case it dulled them) to cut them to the right lengths.
Then I jammed the sticks into the lemon drops and arranged them just so.
I glued a felt "Love" on the pot/vase and there you have it. Cute little thinking-of-you gift for my sweet Grandma.
I hope she likes it.
The flower that looks like it has an eyeball is kind of freaking me out.
Maybe Grandma won't notice.
I wrapped it in red and white Christmas paper. Very Valentine appropriate.
I took yet another fabric flower and glued a felt flower to it and glued it all to a brooch pin so she can have that too. My Grandma always wore a pin to church.....not that she has to wear this to church....just saying that she used to.
I am linking to these parties.....please check them out.

I Made THIS Tuesday

Show and Tell

Whatever Goes Wednesday

Strut Your Stuff Thursday

It's a Keeper Thursday

Pretty Packages Party

12 comments:

Heather said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! You are so very crafty! How are you getting this lovely gift to your grandma?

the mom~ said...

I love this too. And the eye ball marble is a wittle cweepy! LOL

Michelle said...

SO CUTE! Love it!

Nae said...

Perfect gift to show your love & talent as well! I am wondering the same thing as HH... how does one deliver this cutie-pie gift?

Teresa said...

So I saw this on Facebook last night and I didn't have time to read it, but when I saw it was for Gramma Good I quickly scrolled through...then I saw the lemon drops and I knew you done good. And, that is coming from the Grandkid who probably saw her the least! Very cute!! I love your flowers! Oh yeah, I agree, the eyeball is a little freaky :c)

Connie said...

Your grandma is a very lucky woman. That is adorable and shows a lot of love was put into it.

About the eyeball, ya, kinda creepy.

Lori said...

psshhhh.....HH and Nae...in a box of course! :)

Karen said...

So adorable! Saw you on Somewhat Simple. Love your blog!

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

Very cute!

Jami said...

What a sweet gift...I especially like the way you wrapped it all up. I hope you'll stop by the Pretty Packages Party and share your pretty package!

http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2011/02/pretty-packages-party-6.html

smiles!
Jami

Anonymous said...

As if the gift itself wasn't cute enough, then you added the adorable wrapping! Love it! :-)

Jami said...

Thanks so much for linking up to the Pretty Packages Party!! Hope to see you again next month!
smiles!
Jami