This is one of those materialistic blog posts where I wax poetic about possessions.....shoes to be exact. If you have ever seen me all gussied up you probably noticed one thing....I have some stinking cute shoes. It's true. The thing I love most about shoes is no matter how "fluffy" I am feeling I can ALWAYS wear cute shoes. If you are a size 5 or 25 your shoes can help you feel like a million bucks. Dear Hubby and I got to go to a work dinner last night. The place we usually end up going to looks like a hole in the wall from the outside....but it is pretty swanky inside....so a cute outfit is in order. I found these shoes at Kohl's last time I was there and had "the reaction" upon spotting them. I only buy shoes that are gasp-worthy. Sweet Daughter and I will be shopping along and turn a corner and have been know to gasp in unison over a sweet pair of shoes. Then we know they are destined to come home with us.

I had some tan (with kind of a gray thread running through the fabric) capri's that I wanted to wear. Of course it started to snow just before we left...but I still wore them. I threw a sweater over my purple/gray/black and tan tank and was ready to go.

This is my hot date. Yes, he is smiling (love you babe!). We had a lovely dinner and some great conversation with his "pan guy", Pat, and some of the guys (and their wives) that Jim works with. I love these shoes so much than when I got up from the table to get my salad I was SO tempted to tell everyone "Look at my shoes!". I didn't...but I wanted to. So now you know I am shallow enough to go on and on about my fabulous shoes....what are you obsessed with? I really want to know!!!
11 comments:
Awe I miss those faces! I can't wait to see at least one of them! I LOVE THE SHOES! I am very proud of you for not telling everyone to look at them when you got up! HEHE! You look great! I think you are winning the with the diet I mean "training"! GOOD JOB!!!
Awesome! I actually share your Shoe Obsession! Recently blogged about a pair of "gasp worthy" shoes myself ;)
Somedays It Really IS All About the Shoes
You are beautiful, I love the shoes. I wish I could be more of a shoe person but I have a hard time dropping so much money on them. You may have converted me though because they may be the only cute thing I get to wear due to my expanding belly. Maternity clothes are not cute!
I LOVE the shoes. I have a thing about shoes too but unfortunately, I am already taller than my hunny and my feet hate heals. It's a real bummer because I do LOVE shoes. The picture of you and Jim is so good!
You are so cute! I love the shoes and they look great on you too!
I think you are totally right on target because shoes can just make you feel happy but that absolutely must be "GASP-worthy".
You look fabulous!! You know my shallow obsession. Give me Anthropologie or give me death.
Looking GOOD!!!
I am obsessed with YOU. And thanks to YOU, I also have a SHOE obsession. ;)
Love your shoes and love the fact that you wanted to tell everyone to look at them...cute!
Yep, those shoes are worth of talking about. Very cute indeed!
My obsession, for the time being are earrings.
You are a girl after my own heart! GOTTA LOVE SHOES! I thought they looked lovely, especially when I got to see them in person on Sunday. FABULOUS!
Post a Comment