Thursday, March 24, 2011

Goodwill Make Over

No...I didn't give the entire Goodwill a make over....although they could probably use it. I just needed a cupcake/cake platter. You know....a pretty tiered display platter. I looked for one assembled and ready to go...but no dice. So I decided to make one. I gathered some supplies. My original intention was to find some pretty plates, spray paint them and glue them to a candle stick.I loved the scalloped edges of the green plate.....but I couldn't find any pretty plates to go with it. Then I found the small star platter. hhhmmmmm......An idea....What if I found some pretty platters and skip the spray paint? Well....I bought the only one at the two Goodwill locations I checked. Then I hit Thrift America. SCORE!! I found a big star platter, a pretty lattice-ish platter and a beautiful crystal looking candle stick.
Yay me!! I loved this one so much that I decided to keep it as is and just use it. I don't know why....but it just spoke to me.
Little star platter was perfect for my platter though.
And the big star platter was going to be a beautiful base.
So, I pulled out the ol' E-9000 glue and got to work. This stuff holds like no body's business and dries clear. I did end up gluing some clear glass tea light holders to the bottom....for feet.
And now I have a pretty cake platter to serve yummy treats to my friends and family.
Not bad for a $6 investment. Not bad at all.
I'll be linking with these parties........
Metamorphosis Monday
I Made THIS Tuesday
Show and Tell Wednesday

8 comments:

Kim said...

WHOOT WHOOT! I will gladly eat a cupcake from your beautiful cupcake holder! I DO SO LOVE IT!

Kathleen said...

beautiful! (and those cupcakes look too yummy :-))

Jenifer said...

That is awesome! So crafty. I can never find cool things like that.
http://www.usmcconrads.blogspot.com

Rochelleht said...

You are seriously amazing. I couldn't imagine what you were going to do with that stuff and you came through again.

Connie said...

Very Nice! Isn't it fun to do fun Goodwill and Thrift Store makeovers? I think I need to make a visit to my local GW.

Walker said...

That is ridiculously COOL! I love it! The cupcakes look so yummy too!

Nae said...

Love, Love, LOVE! Can't wait to share a cupcake with you from this beautiful display tier!

yvette said...

A great idea and what an inexpensive item.Even a lovely gift, of course cupcakes included!LOL..Delcious! yvette@twistedvines