As some of you know...I have moments of filter failure. Sometimes the darndest things come out of my mouth. Kind of like temporary tourettes. Other times I have a glitch in my conversation maker. I just get really uncomfortable when people talk to me in certain situations. Come to think of it...I wonder if this is why I am loving my job right now. I have something in common with the little people I work with...hhhmmmm. Something to consider on another day. Well, anyway, as I was saying...there are times when I am just uncomfortable conversing. Like while in a bathroom stall. So I told you about the last time a little darling decided that a conversation (while we were in stalls on the opposite ends of the bathroom)was in order...it went something like this..."Hi, what's
your name?" I was speechless for a moment while I tried desperately to come up with a response. "Um...Lori?" "Hi. I am peeing and then I'll be going back to class." Still my brain was so rattled at the thought of talking (gasp) in the stall that all I could come up with was a weak,"That's nice." Some might call me crazy...but there is a time and place for niceties...but come on...really? So today was another day with the little people. I walked into the bathroom to witness a game of stall hopping. I was beginning to wonder if there was ample TP or if she was just extra choosy. I chose an unoccupied stall and unfastened my belt. Kindergartner didn't waste a second, "Hey, are you wearing a belt?" I just sat and shook my head. "Yep, I am." Not to be silenced she then stated, "I have 2 belts. One is purple with a butterfly and the other is white with a circle. I like purple, it's my favorite color. My Mom thinks it's a good color too"....and on and on this child went. I was washing my hands when she informed me that she had yet to wipe. I encouraged her to do so and dried my hands. She came out of the stall asking for help with the tricky snap on her new jeans...and without even pausing at the sink she was on her way. I washed a second time and quickly left the bathroom for a more appropriate area for conversation. I swear...some day I'll get over this and maybe working at this school will help. Maybe....
10 comments:
OK I am so rolling on the floor right now! I can just see you uncomforatable and wanting like nothing else to be somewhere else! HAHAHA! Those kids will cure you if this yet! I love you and needed this laugh today so thank you!
I will warn you never to take Sabrina to the bathroom with you. She does not grasp the concept yet that while I, her mother, am more than happy to listen to hear tell me about her poop, how long her tinkles came for, and what is going on in my stall, not everyone in the bathroom wants to know that. Nor do I want them to know that either! Good luck with that!
Love hearing about your little idiosyncrasies! I can probably top you in the "odd" conversation department tho. I spent the better part of my day talking to my crying little doggie. "It's Ok, Bella-wella, don't cry. The girls will come back home." "Oh Bella, only three more hours and the girls will be home from school." and on and on...
OH come one now!!! I apolagize in bathrooms when I'm in them...hehehe. I'd like you to be in that bathroom with me whne i do that...LOL
Oh my gosh this is hilarious! I love kindergarteners. One in particular, especially. But mostly they're all cute. Mostly.
So funny... I remember volunteering at Adams when the girls went there and having conversations like this in the bathroom....can you imagine having one with an adult like this??
So I have to share a story you will appreciate.....thursday nights at the cheer gym I help out a coach at the beginnning of the night by watching her little man Davis....who is a doll at the wonderful age of 3. Or rather almost three. So one night he says I need to go potty. So we trek up to the other end of the gym....and I am not a big one on taking others kids to the bathroom....I knew how high maintenance my own kids were. So we get up there and he sees the boy sign and the girl sign....then he says I will go in here cause I am a boy....and I assured him I'd wait out by the door til he was done and we would walk back....then he told me that the girl bathroom was where I needed to go....I said it was okay and said I'd wait.....then he proceeded in telling me that we came all the way to the front of the gym and I should at least go into the bathroom and try to go. Can you believe it? Kids are so darn cute!
hahahaha!! That was a funny story. I can so see that happening to you!! I have adjusted my computer settings so I can finally see everything on your page! I think I am going to start one, just have not done it yet. Chat with you later!!!
okay so I went in here to see if my last comment was actually posted and my word verification to leave another comment was "fluck"!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
My kids sing songs . . . Primary songs. At least I know they're alive, right?
Post a Comment