Thursday, January 15, 2009

It's That Cold!

I seriously can't believe the weather this week. A "Sever Lack of Warmth" was in the forecast on the news for yesterday and today. School is cancelled...that NEVER happens. It is just bitter cold. The air temp at my house is -35 and there is some wind. I can't even make myself go out to get some groceries to feed my Dad when he gets here this afternoon. But, get this....on Monday it is supposed to be 30 degrees ABOVE zero. A 65 degree temperature swing in just 4 days...bizarre. Jo came down complaining about her room being cold. I told her to make sure her windows were shut tight (duh, right?). She called for me to come up and see. I thought "Oh, crap...she left one open." Nope. This is what we found.
Frozen shut. We couldn't open them even if we wanted to. So, for all my friends in Idaho, New Mexico and Arizona...a little perspective for you. It really could be colder for you. Really...it could be....

6 comments:

Nae said...

My dad always says, "The cold keeps the riff-raff out." I guess this type of cold should keep something out, right? BTW, many of our windows look the exact same. Oh - and now would be a good time to be thankful to NOT be the pizza delivery person!

Teresa said...

I will even let you stay in our guest bedroom while you are looking for a job! Its 46 today and sunny! You know you want to!! I am really sorry, it sounds MISERABLE!

Charlene said...

Cold has a whole new meaning to me! LOL!! I love giving my friends out west the weather update. It keeps things in perspective for them.

Kim said...

Oh Lori, what were you thinking moving to the NORTH POLE! I am sorry it is so cold, snuggle up with Darla and keep warm!
I love you!
PS Mom would love your new background!

Rochelleht said...

Oh, that's just painful. I remember when ice used to get on the inside of our windows growing up. MAN! That's just miserable!!

Heather said...

It's all perspective though....yesterday's 7 above felt positivley balmy after those -35 days we were having. And I can't wait for it to get up to 25 or 30 again...HEAT WAVE! I tell ya, being a California girl this is hard to handle. I like Rod's logic, though I'm not sure it works....lol...I've seen some riff-raff here in FF!