So I still want a Wii, but since I want a snowblower more....we had to do the next best thing. Bowling with my Dad was great. He hasn't bowled since before Kevin was born! hehehehe He didn't know he was bowling with trained professionals. Yeah, right. It was fun though. I am so thankful that he braved the cold and came to visit. It was fun to see him. When we first got to the bowling alley, there weren't many people there. But by the time we were starting our second game the place was packed. There were a bunch of cute little "Grandma Ladies" doing their weekly lunch bowl. They were fun to watch. My Dad had been complaining about how many people had been trying to set him up with their cousin, or this lady they work with or their sister who was 55 and had never been married (that's a selling point??). Jo didn't miss a beat. While they were watching the blue hairs bowl...she asked Grandpa..."So, do ya see any you like? " So funny. Anyway, it was good to have him here and...May is only 4 months away!!!
We've Moved!
1 year ago

5 comments:
Your dad looks good! So glad he is visiting with you :) Happy days
I so wish I was there! I have been practicing my wii bowling when you get here in May the game is on!
Looks like fun! I remember when I went bowling with the Goodwin cousin's when I was little. You guys all rocked and I sucked beans. It inspired me to take a bowling class in college...I still suck! :c) Guess I didn't get Grandma's bowling talent!
You guys look like you were having a lot of fun. We need to get together and bowl with you guys!! If you can make it the four months to see your family again, then hopefully, I can make it the four months until Roger is done with his work schedule!!
Oh Lori...I am so glad to see your dad smiling. I am so glad he is holding his own. I had to laugh at the "fixing him up" with someone. My grandma has been alone almost 12 years and people are always saying "hey I know this cute little old man..." I simply say, she's just waiting to go home to grandpa. She has no interest in being fixed up. It's so funny. I LOVE Jo's comment...she is a fun girl! I also wanted to thank you for your comments on the "pushing the boulder" and also for what I put on my blog yesterday. I love you so much. I think you are an amazingly strong woman to be away from family, especially all you've had to go through with your sweet, sweet mom. I thought the world of her and I think the world of your whole family. Thank you for being my sister at heart.
Post a Comment