Sunday, February 15, 2009

On a Lighter Note

So my daughter doesn't love cooking. She actually will do almost anything to get out of spending any time cooking. Last night she was babysitting and was required to cook a Papa Murphy's pizza. Being the ever crafty teen she is...she looked at that pizza and laughed in the face of her own fear of the oven. She removed the plastic covering and placed the pizza in the pre-heated oven and cooked it to perfection. She even managed to get it out of the oven without burning herself. This morning, when we were discussing her adventure last night she said (and I am so serious about this), "Mom, I felt just like Martha Stewart!" I kid you not. She is a true Barton girl....able to look at the mountain before her, and take that first step...then turn to you and tell you how great the view is. What a champ. tehehehehe I love that kid.

4 comments:

the mom~ said...

Hahahaha...Martha Stewart and a PM pizza...LOL
Way to JJ-you rock! :)

Kim said...

Aren't kids great! They continue to amaze us...even as teenagers.

Heather said...

Oh Jo, you are great...I love you and your fabulous mama!

Charlene said...

who were the crazy kids she was babysitting???:) Seriously, she is awesome. Being able to put Caleb to sleep with NO trouble at all! My kids were asleep by 9pm! A true Martha Stewart moment!!! Jimijo rocks!!!