
So I will admit to crawling into a deep hole over the last few days. It's nice in here. Not many distractions. Nothing to remind me that Valentines Day is creeping up on me. No one to whine to about said day. Just me...in the dark. But then a funny thing happened. A song that we deemed "Mom's fight song" came racing through my head. It's a country song...for all you non-country fans. It fit so perfectly that the first time I heard it (alone, driving my car down the freeway on my way to meet my Mom at a chemo appointment) I started crying so hard I had to pull over. It's by the the soulful Mr. Rodney Atkins. It's called "If You're Going Through Hell..." from the album with the same name. It took me forever to find it and buy a copy...but when I did I memorized track 10 and I sing it in my head when I'm feeling particularly picked on. I have added it to my blog...you're probably listening to it right now....cool, huh. (oh, you can hit pause if it's driving you nuts!!) So, as I contemplate coming out of this nice place of denial I've wrapped myself in....never fear....I will sing this song, and think about how my Mom would want me to at least try to walk through the fire I find myself facing. "Why do you tell us this?", you might ask...well...it's more for my own sanity. I seem to do better when I allow myself to feel the pain instead of holding it in. So it sucks to be you, my faithful readers, you get to hear all the whinning that I must do in order to retain what little sanity I have left. So, while I thank you for the well-wishes, I will thank you more for living every day to the fullest. Don't let a day go by where you haven't told the people you love how much they mean to you. Get mushy, people! I mean it....live so you have no regrets. No one has an unlimited amount of time here. Don't waste it.

6 comments:
My poor blog is very gloomy too these days! I have had to make an effort to post about other things! Even though this is all that consumes me! GRRRRR! If you make room I will join you in your hole! I love you! Mushy mushy mushy!
I was reading your blog as the music was playing in my room, and when I went to the comment section, the music stopped; Caleb came up to me and said, "more music, Mommy" and started dancing to the music!! I hope this will help bring a small smile to your face!
Lots of huhs to you my dear friend! :)
Oh gee...close to tears again...I'm getting worked up with Valentine's Day coming too...I'm thinking I'm getting sympathy grief...is that what you would call it?
Hey....my hole is cozy too! And I LOVE that song! It has helped me get through some tough times as well. Just keep on going. It's all we CAN do really. I think in February and March we need a gno a week to keep our sanity. I'm free tomorrow and Saturday I think. Gotta go. Pesky homeshcooled kids.
They isist on learning....sheesh!
If it makes you feel better, you bring a smile to my face (and I'm sure many others') every time I read your blog! You are just amazing with all that you have gone through and you still keep your sense of humor and keep it "real"! Thanks for being you...
Post a Comment