Sunday, April 26, 2009

Outraged Update

So go ahead say it. I'm yellow, chicken, I'm gutless, a pansy a total weenie. Yep. But I've come to accept those qualities about myself and I try to focus on my more positive attributes. I had every intention of walking back into that tire shop and very nicely pointing out the fact that they had swindled, hoodwinked, bamboozled, tricked and otherwise cheated me. But after I told you every gory detail of the whole affair....I was over it. Vomiting my anger toward them all over my blog left me feeling lighter and less tortured. I was still a bit miffed...but less so at them and more at myself for knowing my limitations and still expecting a different outcome. In their defense, upon further conversation with my dear hubby, I learned that his discount wasn't based so much on his masculinity or his ability to strike fear into the hearts of swindlers everywhere. It was given more because the employee he was dealing with was also employed at the bakery. So he gave his boss (Jim) a "good guy discount" because he thought it might keep him in Jim's good graces.....suck up. So really...since I'm not in charge of any one's salary increase....I did not merit a $50 discount on my tires. Had my D.H. mentioned this to begin with I might not have felt like such a miserable failure to begin with. Oh well. Live and learn.

5 comments:

the mom~ said...

Hahahaaaa...and I assume the D isnt for "dear" this time!

Nae said...

Thanks for being Paul Harvey and "Sharing the rest of the story" for us! Glad you are no longer tortured. That painted a very disturbing picture for me mentally. Ha!

Kim said...

LOL about the DH. I am getting pretty good at going back and demanding what I want...it does take practice though.

Heather said...

I'll borrow a line from Nae....the big dummy heads!!!! All of them. Glad you feel better without having to go back and deal with them again!

Charlene said...

glad it worked out in the end! Are you planning on doing anymore car repairs?