Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Sugarman


I love the Facebook Flair someone sent me about lemonade. "When life gives you lemons find someone with sugar so your lemonade don't suck." Amen. I do try to make lemonade with the stinking ton of lemons that has compromised my life over the last 18 months. With a positive attitude, one can accomplish great things. I guess.... As you know, I have had the flu for the last few days. I'm not really into laying around moaning about how rotten I feel. It annoys me when others do that...so I try to suck it up. Of course this tends to make people think that I feel fine and that I should make them something for dinner. Rotten people any way. But after the deluge of thick, heavy, wet snow we received (via the angry "global warming" Gods)...I decided that while my delightful neighbor was snow blowing my driveway (so the kids and I didn't have to shovel for a third time) I would find some sugar. I already had the lemons...so why not. I put my jacket on (no big coat or hat or boots for me!!) and headed out. Keep in mind as you critique the photos that I really do feel like crap. Jim was pulling up in the driveway as I headed out to build me a sugarman. I convinced him that in my weakened state I might need some help with this lunacy. So he grabbed his gloves and joined in. Kevin came out shaking his head and laughing in disbelief. I told him to do something useful...so he went in and brought out the camera. Fool... So here is the sugarman that I built to go with my lemons. I hope he sweetens your lemons for you like he did for me. I just love this guy...

8 comments:

Teresa said...

I can honestly say that is a "Spring time" activity that I can't participate in here :cP On of my favorite quote is, "When life gives you lemons, throw em back at life!"

Rochelleht said...

Look at your sad little boat in the background begging to be taken out...

the mom~ said...

He's huge!!! WTG Lori and Jim :)

Kim said...

Wow--he's huge! What fun...it was actually pretty warm out yesterday to enjoy doing this! Maybe lunch soon?? Once things settle..snow, your illness, etc.

Unknown said...

You forgot to put his lemons on ha ha! Cute sugar man anyway..glad you found it in you to make lemonade!

Nae said...

Here is what I learned... You make a really tall sugar man! Short people like me, have to make squat-y snow people. Glad you could at least pretend to have some fun in the snow!

Heather said...

I totally thought you were out there with your tiarra on! You are so freakin' fabulous that I can hardly stand it! And I love Kev's idea of being helpful! Wonderful sugarman, I do hope that he sufficiently sweetened your lemonade!

Chrys said...

What an awesome attitude you have! I love that Kevin took pictures of your great moment. The Sugarman is great and I am captivated by the way you articulate your thoughts! This was a great story and lesson learned. I am going to add lots of sugar to my lemonade situations.