Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Flu in Minnesota

So not only do Jo and I have the flu...we have a freakin' blizzard. I hate today. Yesterday I stayed home from work to try to get feeling better...that, and I had acid coming out of every orifice I own. Not a good idea to try to be tough. So I lounged...and...slept...and...fevered...and sweated...and, well, you get the general idea. This morning when I woke up, I was feeling a little better. I'm not going to lie to and say I was disappointed when I heard that school was canceled. I am sorry that it is for snow....a lot of snow. But in the grand tradition of the tough women (read martyrs) in my ancestry I got dressed and headed out to shovel snow.I only got the front walkway and a few passes on the driveway done before I had to call for reinforcements. I woke the kids from their cozy beds to come grab a shovel. In true form they hurried out to help their old Ma. They are good kids...I am really lucky. So we shoveled for an hour...all the while the blizzard was raging around us. We will have to go out again in a few hours to do it again.But on the plus side...after barfing my guts out over the rail on the back deck...laying in the snow never felt so good....Darla came over to make sure I was going to get up and take her in the house. She was cold. Whiner....

11 comments:

Teresa said...

Man, you are a tough woman. If I had a nice dose of Spring and then I saw THAT out my window, I would retreat to my bed and watch Gidget goes Hawaiian eating pineapple! Good luck!

Grandma Rozla said...

I don't feel so bad now for the amount of snow we got over the weekend most of which is gone now. I'm hurtin for you and prayin for your springtime as well as mine! Oh and SOOOOO sorry about the flu!

Christy said...

thanks for the smile :) i guess my life isn't so bad! ha ha! I can't believe the amount of snow...that is crazy - but i do love your attitude - thanks for continuing to teach me to love life!

the mom~ said...

Yuk on the flu, sorry to hear you're sick.

Unknown said...

Lady, Lady you really should still be in bed taking it easy again today! I can't believe you were shoveling snow with the flu...tsk tsk! I guess us women do what we have to do eh?

Nae said...

I think I am going to have my hubby read your post so next time he is sick he won't have to be such a big baby. Feel better soon!

Charlene said...

I hope you feel better! glad that your kids were able to help out! That snow was nasty wet!!

Rochelleht said...

Seriously, I hate where you live. I'm not there to hate it for you, but by proxy, I hate it.

Heather said...

Oh sweetie, I hope you feel better so very soon. I am keeping you in my prayers. Did Kevin give you the message that I love you and am thinking of you? If you need anything today call me. I will be out and about a couple of times today. And lay off the hard labor when you no feely so good.

Kim said...

Hope you are feeling better today.

Chrys said...

You are amazing! I can't believe you got out there and shoveled snow while you were sick. I guess if you don't you wouldn't be able to get out when you need to. Glad to see the kiddos helping and I hope you don't see more snow until the season is back next year. Come on sunshine....