Thursday, March 5, 2009

It's Contagious

Not the flu, nope...not the giggles...not even spring fever....I am talking about something much more serious. It is potentially very embarrassing and quite unsettling, to say the least. I am talking about the joy little kids get from a new discovery. I have watched the kindergartners in the school that I have been working in and one thing they ALL do is get very excited when they think they have found something that their classmates may have over looked. It could be that one of the kids has left their jacket under the table...or their teacher has hung a new picture in their classroom. Small things that adults might not notice or think are note worthy are SO exciting when one is 5 years old. Well, today I was going into my favorite bathroom...yes...I have a favorite. It is the bathroom with the orange scented soap. The other bathrooms in the building have green yucky smelling soap. But then there is that one...oh my...I almost want to lick the foamy soap, it smells so good. Anyway...as I was walking into the stall the water in the bowl was blue ((double bonus...clean AND blue)). I seriously had to catch myself from asking the other (adult) girl in the stall two doors down if her water was blue too. Can you just see me...of all people..."Hey, lady! Is your toilet water blue too?" Horrifying thought. Lucky for me, I caught the gaffe in time to avoid having to quit my job and move to Canada. So I guess the next time one of the little people in the stall next to me wants to talk about belts...I'll have a little more understanding of the mysteries of finding joy in the mundane aspects of the public bathroom.

7 comments:

Grandma Rozla said...

Ah to find joy in the simple things in life! Even better when they make you smile in weird places like a public restroom. Bring it on!

Teresa said...

You sure have a lot of bathroom stories.....:cP

cindyc said...

You are so charming Lori. I love your blog!

the mom~ said...

You rock Lori, simply said!

Charlene said...

You should write a bathroom book!!! You have many great stories to share with the rest of the world that needs a good laugh!!

Kim said...

You crack me up sister! Those kids are going to get rid of your fobias weather you like it or not! LOL!

Chrys said...

I thought of you last week while entering a restroom in Target! It was so smelly good like an orange dreamsicle. I took an extra long time washing my hands as I enjoyed the fragrant room. It smelled so good I wanted to lick the walls thinking they must taste as good as they smell! The toilet didn't have a refreshing blue color of clean in it but I sure enjoyed the oranges!