
I'll be putting my baby boy on a plane by himself for the first time today. He is traveling to see his Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and cousins...oh and his friends...in Idaho. I suppose it is good practice for when he leaves on his mission this summer. I am already having heart palpitations. I looked in the mirror yesterday and almost broke out in tears. I am the Mom of an almost 19 year old.
He is becoming a man. Where did my little PePe go? Did you hear me?? I am the Mom of a man? I thought I'd have more time to mother ((aka nag)) him. It went so fast. I wasted so much time worrying about things that don't really matter. Have I given him the tools he will need to become a successful adult...if I didn't give him the tools did I at least tell him where the tools are?? I'm not sure when the panic seeped in. I was fine with him flying away last night. He has been planning this trip for months. He is a big boy...he will be fine...right?? Of course he will. But he's so trusting. What if he gets robbed or beat up or used as a mule. Well, I guess technically he isn't leaving the country. Or really even going through a major airport...but I worry. Obviously. But just look at this face
...and who will I watch Hairspray and Enchanted with? I just don't know if I can handle a week away from him....just kidding....hehehe. I'm not so bad off that a week kills me. I am worried about the flying and locating the right gate and all that, but he is a smart guy and very capable. He is going to have a fabulous time and I am so jealous that part of me hopes he chickens out so I can use his ticket. An intriguing thought....hhhmmmm....oh well. Bon Voyage my little PePe. See you in a week.

8 comments:
Oh I so remember when little Kev was...well a little boy! Don't worry, he is flying to Idaho at worst someone will hit him with a potato!! He'll do fine! If it makes you feel any better, I flew by myself for the first time when I was ten and I survived okay!
I am glad I don't have to practice for awhile. I don't think I am ready to send them off somewhere on a big airplane.
You crack me UP! I hope Kevin has a fabulous time. And I'm not sure WHAT you are going to do come June/July when he heads out for 2 years???? Oh. I should not have said that. I be quiet now. Love ya.
Oh, seriously, how cute is he!? I'm glad he grew up to be such a good boy. You must be SO proud.
So - give me the 411? Did Kev make it to Idaho as planned? Did you text him constantly to find out exactly what was happening? Love the pictorial recap and I am confident that you gave Kev all the tools he needs in life.
YES your wonderful PePe made it safely! He is a great guy and we are so happy to have him hear, even if it is just for a bit! My kids where crushed when he left to go to Rigby! I am sure he will be sick of them by the time he goes! I will take lost of pics all week and post them for you! Love ya~
I love the photos of Little Kev. He's sooo grown up now, but he looks just the same:)
Hey, I told Kevin I would send you a message that he stopped by to see us as we were loading up for our trip to Moab. It was great to see him for a minute, I hope he had a great time while he was here!
Post a Comment