

Every morning on my way to work I pass this little stretch of river. There is a power plant upstream that dumps their hot (clean) waste water into the river. This makes the river abnormally warm...much to the joy of the many teenagers who swim in it during the summer. In the winter it keeps the river from freezing over and the birds come in droves...or flocks... to hang out all winter.
Usually I just see the usual geese and ducks and while they are fun to watch...I LOVE to see the swans.They have been so cool this winter.I don't remember seeing this many last year. Even better that watching them is hearing them. They honk like a class full of 6th grade beginning band students learning the trumpet. It was amazing...I could have stood their all morning...but since I was supposed to be on my way to work....I had to hustle. So while you look at the big birds that winter here...look at the snow banks and be happy you don't live here during the winter.

5 comments:
I love those magnificent birds! Glad you took the time to capture them and share.
That is awsome that you get to pass by these pretty birds every day. We love swans.....I'll have to take the girls over to the river to check it out.
Could totally picture the sixth graders honking--and the geese. Love your blog.
I miss you today, just so you know!
My kids love seeing the swans, especially Emma because one of her favorite movie is the Swan Princess!
Post a Comment