So I was sitting in kindergarten today. I have been a regular in the class for about 4 months. The children are comfortable with me and allow me to see them in their natural state. We were waiting for the teacher (aka herd leader) to begin the count around...an amusing ritual that they do every morning to ascertain how many of the herd are missing due to illness or ritual haircut or other such goings on. There is a girl...a fairly cute specimen. She is a sassy, spunky little imp and her antics have frequently caused the herd leader to roll her eyes and gnash her teeth. She was telling her leggy, blond, future bombshell carpet neighbor (yes...at 6 years old) how nice she looked with the pink headband in her hair. When in actuality the headband looked a mess. I think Miss Sass knew this, but in order to secure her place among the males of the herd she came up with a plan for The Leggy One. Miss Sass said to The Leggy One, "You should totally wear a headband all the time. It really bring out your eyes. It makes them look so....clear." And so it begins.
6 comments:
Is this something I get to look forward to when Emma starts kindergarten???
FABULOUS! That girl is light years ahead on her teenage-training!
Oh my goodness....way to early.
OH yes the game is starting so much earlier these days! I do envy you! I always wanted to be a kindergarten teacher so I will have to live through you,keep the stories comming!
Hahahaaaaa....that's great!
I think that is downright scary. They start so young nowadays. (Don't I sound like your grandma when I say that?)
Post a Comment