Friday, September 18, 2009

Baby No More

Today isn't technically Jo's birthday but it is the last school day before it. Kim was asking me what I was going to do to commemorate the day. I didn't have a clue. I am that way a lot....clueless. She suggested that since it was Jo's "Sweet 16" I do something BIG.
OK....but what. Well...Kim suggested getting 16 HOTT boys to deliver a flower to Jo and then sing to her. OK....I can do that. Well....with some help!!
I jacked Reid's (a good friend of Jo's) number from Miss Jo's phone and sent the first text (weird to be texting a teenage boy!!). He was cool though and didn't make me feel too creepy. I told him the diabolical plan and he agreed to help.
Reid (in the orange shirt) came through BIG time!! Jo's BFF (Stephy...in the back) brought a couple of Jo's guy friends to help out too. Reid arranged for them to meet me by the office (and thought to get passes to get them into class without getting in trouble for being late! What a guy.)
Miss Jo knew something was up when I asked her to wait here on the bench. Not a happy camper. I was SO excited!! The boys lined up and walked by Jo. Each giving her a beautiful flower. Jo loves public displays SO much. I do hope she will forgive me....(I think, secretly....she liked it)
Tyler...A SENIOR...well done, Reid!!
Lots of cute guys. Mostly from the soccer team.....GO OTTERS!!

Now that her face is a more normal shade she did manage a smile.
Until Reid led the group in a very bass toned version of Happy Birthday.
Oh Yeah!!! She will not soon forget her 16th birthday. There are so many things she will miss seeing on her birthday...but having great friends won't be on that list.
I will put some embarrassing baby pics on for her actual birthday blog....but I just had to show you these today. I can't think of a more fabulous way to start a birthday weekend!!











11 comments:

Kim said...

YEAH for you my sista, YEAH for Heather, YEAH for Reid!!! I am sooooo happy it all worked out! I am so so so sad that I couldn't be there to see her beautiful face turn RED! I am so happy she had all of you to make her day grand! HAPPY BRITHDAY TO MY GJO!

Diana said...

I can't believe she's turning 16!! What a beautiful girl. She's so lucky to have a mom that cares enough to embarass her thoroughly! Billie Crew was asking me how old she is and now I know!

Christy said...

everyone hates feeling the center of attention at times - but she will remember that day FOREVER because of how amazing her mom was!!

I love those flowers - they were perfect!!

Teresa said...

First of all, those flowers are soooo pretty! And, WHAT AN AWESOME MOM YOU ARE! You are right, something she will not soon forget! Happy 16 Jo!!

Heather said...

That was SO AWESOME!!!! I'm glad I was able to be a part of that! Happy Birthday G Jo!

Nae said...

Oh, you are such an awesome mom, Lori! Love the unique poem from you and aunt Kim. I can't imagine why Hallmark wouldn't pick that up on a card.

Happy b'day Jo and don't kill your mom!

Kim said...

Happy 16th to Jo! You are a daring mom! Good job!

Jackie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JO!!!!!!

Lori you are such an awesome mom.
I wish I had such a hip and cool mom. Something she will treasure forever. Great job.

Charlene said...

Happy Birthday Jimijo!! What an awesome way to remember your birthday!!

Jodi Goodwin said...

That's Awesome!

the mom~ said...

AWESOME!!! Oh and can I get Reid's cell number...yah...I gotta..a...question for him? LOL
Smokin' Hot!!! Job well done by everyone!
Happy Birthday Jo!