
On Saturday, Jim and I did something we haven't done in almost 3 years. We took a 4-wheeler ride. We used to own Hondas. They were fun and we used them a lot. Then, when we moved to the The Land of Ten Thousand Lakes (they're not kidding about that BTW), we sold the ATVs and bought a boat.

We used the boat a lot the first 2 summers we were here. This summer has been a bust for the boat. It has been either too cold or too windy or we were too busy to use it. Not fun. Due to a slight (almost) detour in our geographical area, we sold the boat. Traded it in, actually. A Polaris ATV is parked in the boat shed now. So, we looked up some trails on-line and found some not too far from home.

(Yes, I know I look like a pirate, sans the patch) Of course my idea of not too far and Jim's idea of close to home are very different. I don't love the car ride. It is a necessary evil. The trail head wasn't easy to find either. I want a neon sign pointing me in the right direction.

So when we found it....I might have been a little pissy. Maybe. Jim was afraid I would be that way the whole day. He might have been right. Except. Except when we got on the ATV I relaxed and was able to enjoy the scenery. There were beautiful wild flowers and patches of fall foliage.

We passed quite a few big groups of riders enjoying the day. I did appreciate the fact that we were in the front of our group (truth be told, we were the only part of our group, so we were also in the rear). But we didn't get nearly as dusty as the poor souls in the rear of this group.

The sun was shinning, the wind was slight and the temperature was perfect. I loved looking around and snapping pictures. Jim asked me a few times if I wanted to drive, but I was having such a good time that I didn't want to spoil it.

If you know me, you know that I wasn't a fan of this bridge. Especially when Jim stopped on it. Chills. It was sound enough. I just didn't want to be on it too long.

Hey, look Renae!! Proper foot wear!! Oh, and just because you remember to bring the detailed map.....doesn't guarantee it is accurate!!!

Did I mention the sun was shinning? It was and it was brilliant! Just what we needed after a month of indecision and unsure footing.

Fall is quickly coming on....but I think I will be OK. The great part of it is I am friends with 2 of the biggest Fall Freaks around and I will enjoy the season through them.

It was a quick ride. We were only out for just over 3 hours. It was a great day just the same. If all Autumn days were like this....I just might be convinced to be a fan of fall.
4 comments:
I also see you were smart enough to bring sustenance with you! I love the old red barn. I am very attracted to old barns, especially red ones. Must be the farm gal in me.
Glad you had a great time! Arrrggg, me matey! Tee, hee
it's nice to know that being dusty on a 4 wheeler is a fact of life, and not just an unfortunate affect from living in idaho. i could enjoy the fall if they were all warm and sunshiny too :)
Looks like a fun time. We have not done enough 4wheeling this summer! I think I would prefer the 4wheeler to a boat.
Oh, look at you to go!! What great fun! I loved when we used to take ATV rides. They are so relaxing. How much I miss the country! Love the laundry room too, you go girl!
Post a Comment