Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Just the After

While I was in Idaho my sister and I decided we would make a couple of things. She needed some help with a gift she wanted to make and we wanted to do some ornaments. Luckily we were snowed in for two days. Of course snowed in isn't exactly what I'd call luck....but we were trying to make the best of it. We took five square canvases and painted the big one. Then we Mod Podged some scrapbook paper to the small canvases. Kim cut some letters with her Cricut and we were finished! It is SO cute!
Then we moved on to the ornaments. She wanted to make some snowmen for the girls at her daycare and I do love me a cute snowman! I did find out that the square glass ornaments will only bounce twice on a tile floor. On the third bounce....they shatter. FYI
Stinkin' cute!
Then I made two variations on this pretty snowflake. I filled this one with the same snowball pellets that we used in the snowmen.
Then I painted the back of these other two with some really pretty glitter glue.
Some ribbon and a fancy hanger and they are finished!
For the third set I grabbed this silver ball/cut-out thingie. I used the glitter glue again and more ribbon. I love how fancy they look.
These will look great for those pesky neighbor gifts.....(right, like we know our neighbors this year!)
I need to find some more to make. I am now addicted. Shocking, I know!
So that is the latest project. Maybe next time I will remember to take some before and during photos.....not just the after.

7 comments:

Teresa said...

I totally LOVE the snowman pellet ornaments!!! They are super duper cute!

Charlene said...

Where did you get your supplies? I love the snowmen ornaments!

Grandma Rozla said...

They are so cute! You are amazing :)

Nae said...

Great projects, Lori! Of course, I am partial to the Snowman ornaments, but I'll have to say that the bling-bling snowflake ornaments are fabulous as well!

Nae said...

P.S. I wish I could have been with your sistas working on those creations. Makes me miss you all the more. {sniff, sniff... SOB!!}

Connie said...

I would have loved to have been snowed in with you guys, you made some adorable ornaments, CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!!!!

the mom~ said...

very cute. That last one...is that a strand of garland kinda? I can't tell what you put in the inside of them. They are very cute. Love the snowman ones!