Here are the finished projects that I started on Monday. I love how different they all are. It all started with my desire to help my little sister be less stressed in the evenings.
Working a full time job AND being a Mother is like having three full time jobs. I wish I lived closer so I could help in a real physical way....but alas...it is not to be. Yet.
So I took sheet metal and glued it in a frame and Mod Podged scrapbook paper to it. I made magnets with glass marble thingies with a flat side and more paper and Mod Podge.
I printed some dinner ideas and laminated them. I folded an envelope to store them in and a hook at the bottom and there you have it.
I have this one sold to one of Kim's friends in Idaho. I hope she likes it. I am still trying to decide how to hang them. I love them in a big easel on the counter, but some folks (me included) don't have the counter space.
I have made a menu for years now and I love it. I make a list of things I will need (I usually make a two week menu, cuts down on going to the store) to make dinner for the week (or two) and BAM! Done and done.
I do hope this will help Kim with her hectic evenings. Planning for a weeks worth of meals on one day and getting all of the shopping out of the way is very helpful. I will probably send her a link for some freezer meals too. Those are always great to have on hand.
So if you know of anyone looking to buy a menu board....I have the yellow and gray one and the orange and gray available right now.
Next project will be a chore chart. Wish me luck :)
We've Moved!
1 year ago









6 comments:
I love your menu boards! Cute and practical!! But here is where I confess that I have never used a menu plan/shopping list. I wish I did, but I just can't get my arms around it. My "roll-with-it" mojo can't handle it! Will my world stabilize if I could just be a meal planner? Guess I will never know! BTW, the orange and gray version is my fav!
That is a really neat idea. I have been doing 2 week menus for a long time and only go to the store every 2 weeks. It is the way to do it!
Lori those menu boards rock!! You are so awesome!!! :) -Andi
Those turned out fabulous. I love the bottle cap magnets, too cute!
Very cool idea.
YAYAYA! They came today! I am so dang excited! YIPPEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment