Friday, July 25, 2008

Am I Insane? Part 1

So when we moved into this house I hated the bathrooms. They were just blah. The color in Jo's was yucky and it really needed one more coat to cover the pepto pink that was there before. So that was going to be the first project last summer but Jo and I could never compromise on the color. She was still into the black and I was so not. We did agree on turquoise and hot pink but that was it. Skip to this summer. We are having company this week and I am so tired of looking at Jo's yucky walls. So while Jim was in Chicago I decided to do something about it. When we started on Wednesday, this is what we had.



Lots of room for improvement. What I didn't count on was the high temperature and very high humidity. I had trouble getting the tape to stick to the walls. So here is a few coats of paint later. Who knew painting with Jo would be fun. I had her all to myself and we had lots of time to talk and giggle and gripe.


I am still working on this while my friends are all off camping and having a fabulous time. Jo and I have stayed up until the wee hours of the morning (we paint really slow) painting and talking. We did take a break on Wednesday night to go to YW (sorry we were late Char). All things considered it is turning out really well.



We get to pick up Jim at the airport later tonight so it has to be finished. I'll post some pictures of it tomorrow so you can see it. I can't wait to be done.

2 comments:

Charlene said...

AMAZING!!! I wouldn't have the patience to paint my walls like that. The bathroom looks awesome!! I can't wait to see the finished walls!

J.J. said...

I think it looks cute! hOW WILL jIM KNOW WHAT COLOR IT IS ANYWAY IF YOU DON'T TELL HIM? Ma and Pa left this morning.... :-) Hope you all enjoy your visit. Wish I could have tagged along. Did you get my manuscript? Have you started reading? Just curious..no rush.