Friday, July 18, 2008

Back To Normal


Well, my Dad and Lacey left us yesterday. Yes, a few tears were shed. I know I've had a whole month with them but it was still sad. We have had an amazing time. I didn't realize how much Lacey was changing and growing up. I'm missing it. That almost kills me. My Dad seems to be doing pretty well.
I really enjoyed having him here. I know I'm supposed to be here in MN. I've had that confirmed time and again, but man it's hard to be away from all of my family. On a brighter note Jim ordained Kevin to the office of Elder in the Melchizedek Priesthood.
That was a big deal for us. He is preparing to serve a mission next year. I am a little sad and very happy for this next step. My baby boy is a grown-up man-child. Weird. I can still call him my baby...right?

5 comments:

the mom~ said...

grown-up, man child? That sounds funny, LOL, but he will *always* be your baby no matter how old or how big! I can't believe he will be going a mission next year, enjoy him now!!!

Charlene said...

They are growing up too fast. I am missing my family in that neck of the woods too. They are having a family reunion without me!:( I am tempted to leave the next day and just go visit them!

Charlene said...

Sorry, I just noticed your countdown for the book "Breaking Dawn" That is totally awesome!! That brought a smile to my face. Thanks!!

Rochelleht said...

Congratulations on your son! That is so neat. Amazing how time flies. I'm glad you had fun with the fam. I'm at my parents' house right now and I know how you feel. You love your home, but it is hard to be far.

Teresa said...

I can't believe Kevin is that old! It seems like only last year that we were all visiting Grandma and Grant in Colorado and Kevin was calling you Lori, so we would all call you "Mom" so he would too! That is great that your Dad and Lacey got to stay for a while! I was fighting back tears when we left my parents two weeks ago! But, hopefully they will be able to visit for Sabrina's b-day here in another two weeks!