Friday, August 8, 2008

Have I Told You Lately....

...that I love hanging out with my family? No matter what we end up doing as long as we are together it seems to work out. Lately it seems, we spend a lot of time on the boat. It has become our hot tub. Explanation? In ID our hot tub was our family time. We would sit there and have the best chats. So now we have the boat.







...that I have the coolest sisters ever? It's true, I do. We've been through thick and thin (mostly thick hehehe) and we've come out on the other side as friends.


...that my friends are truly the best? Yep, they are. We went to see Mama Mia the other night. I don't think I've laughed that hard since before 06/06/06. It wasn't even so much the cheesy movie as it was the company. Oh goodness, I did have a blast. I am lucky to have friends scattered all over the place. I miss my ID friends and when I'm in ID I miss my MN friends. I'm so blessed.






...that I think my kids are beautiful? Oh, I know every Mom thinks that...but mine truly are. They are good people, they are beautiful inside and out, and they are my friends. And of course they get their wild, wacky, fun side from that really weird "B" gene.








...I hate dog hair tumble weeds. I do. They are evil and they sneak up on me all the time. My kids are supposed to sweep the floor daily. Well this is 3 days and counting. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm the only one that can see this. Or maybe I'm the only one that knows how to fix it? Lucky for me this one won't have time to form into the traditional tumbleweed shape. Kev got the hint and put that puppy in the trash. My hero!






...I really, really, really hate my kitchen floor. As soon as Jim and I can agree what to do about it...why can't he just go back to the non commenting hubby he used to be. He likes to watch DIY network and now he thinks he knows??!!?? The vinyl is dated, white , impossible to keep clean, and ripped. UGLY doesn't even begin to describe this floor. We've considered tile, wood and more vinyl...oh and that cool laminate stuff. Any thoughts? It gets really cold here, what would you guys do? I need back-up.


...I love my Darla. This is what happens then I take out the camera. I doesn't matter what I'm trying to get a pic of...she poses. What a doll.

...my hubby is determined. This weekend we decided to paint the deck. We finally removed the old broken down hot tub and put down new deck boards. Well, of course it rained. Not even rain is gonna stop my hubby. So (with my bestest most favoritest mop) he scrubbed the deck in the rain. Now if it will only dry out long enough to paint. HHHMMMM!













2 comments:

Charlene said...

I love those family moments when you can all sit and talk. Your family is a great example to me and my family. Thanks!

Heather said...

AWWWW!!! Great post. Thanks so much for telling us all of those great things. Totally awesome...just like you!