Every Sunday our family takes a beautiful 40 minute drive...to church. The road is straight and mostly flat and we drive through some very diverse countryside. We have it broken down into 10 minute blocks. From my house to the stop sign at the edge of town is the first 10.

Sometimes it takes a hair more. That depends on how ready John is. Most of the time he is waiting on the sidewalk for us to pick him up. Funny guy...another blog another time. After we leave town it is 10 minutes until the first town. I use that term loosely because there are like 50 people that live there.

Most days we enjoy the ride. John rides up front with Jim and the kids and I squeeze in the back. It's a good thing we get along. On mornings we are particularly tired it can get pretty crazy in the back. It's like a transportation mullet. Business in the front, party in the back. It's great. After another 10 minutes there is a slight bend in the road and then this comes into view.

It is a big house in the middle of a farm with no trees. It looks really big standing there all alone. So that became the running gag. Mom, "Hey, Kevin, that is a really BIG house!" and Kevin rolls his eyes. When he has to work on Sunday I send him a text message about the big house so he doesn't miss me too much. The "really big house" is 30 minutes into our drive from home and we know there are only 10 minutes until we are at church. Then we drive through a pretty little town in North Dakota and up and around a cemetery, and then....

Our building isn't very big, but it is perfect for what we need. They used to hold church in a room at the YMCA so this is a definite upgrade. There are about 30 people (on a full day) that show up. We are thankful for them. They live inspiring, faith filled lives. I took a picture of the building from the very back of the parking lot.

I just wanted to show you all our nice Sunday drive. Of course when it's icy and snowy it's not nice at all. But that's another blog for another day.

5 comments:
OMGosh, I am rolling here at work over the transportation mullet. You are a hoot and did you know we LOVE mullets in our house...LOL
Thanks for this post and the laughs Lori~ love ya!
Wow! 40 minutes! That's a commute. You guys are awesome troopers. It's a good thing it's a pretty drive. We once had to drive past an old rusty abandoned Purina Dog Chow plant. The first time we went to church, I cried.
What a fun and creative way to describe our drive to church! We too, have used the Foxhome gas station, and the huge house as point of interest. We also love it when the fields are flooded, I mean bad for farmers, but we are fascinated how the flooded fields look like lakes that we are crossing in between!! I love the picture of the sunflowers-those are beautiful to see!
Beautiful sunflowers! I would love to have those as a view....a field of my favorites! BTW...your neice is adorable.....
I'm loving the transportation mullet comment, I die laughing everytime I think of it. Hahaha
Post a Comment