So, I am the Primary President in our tiny Branch. I also do the secretary job and occasionally I'm the chorister too. Last Sunday after I presented the Sharing Time I got to conduct the music for the remainder of the time. We have been working on the songs we will be singing for the Sacrament program in October. Most of the time there are 10 or 11 kids in Sharing Time and about 4 or 5 of them know (and sing) the songs. Yesterday a very pleasant thing happened. The 2 youngest members (not in the nursery) decided they were going to surprise me and sing. Not just a little singing, mind you, great sounds came out of these two cutie patooties. Kamiryn and Emma were fantastic. I wish I had a picture of their sweet faces watching me lead the song. It was amazing. I don't love standing up front, waving my arm around...it's just not my thing. Mostly it's me singing (very off key) and trying to coax (with my eyes) the majority of the kids to please, please, please sing. But there I was looking at these two angels as if they were straight from heaven. The Spirit that came over me as I watched these girls was sweet indeed. So, I guess, once again, He knew what I needed to keep me going. I am so grateful for these 2 precious girls and the lift I got from them. Thanks Emma and Kamiryn. I love you guys.
4 comments:
Ohhhh, so very sweet. I often wonder about Kamiryn and my other girls and their behavior in Primary. It is very different not knowing whether they are singing, paying attention or being mischief makers. And of course you'd never tell me if they (esp. Kamiryn) were naughty. So I am very happy to hear that those two sweet girls made your Sunday a little bit brighter!
When we were "discussing" Ethan's singing last Sunday, Emma asked if you heard her sing. I told her what you said, and she smiled from ear to ear! It was precious. You are an awesome primary president, and I am thankful that you are so patient with my children, and I was so happy to hear that my shy Emma sang for you.
That's so sweet, Lori. That's not a job I would EVER be coveting, so I'm glad there are amazing people like you out there who love it and do a great job.
Hey Lori...My Mom says "hi!" and she wanted me to tell u that she remembered Kims b-day and realized that she didnt have her phone # or email addy and was wondering if u could get it for her. Tell Kim Happy b-day for me too!
Post a Comment