As many of you know Jim turned the big 4 0 yesterday. And as you may also know...Jim doesn't like a lot of fuss made about his birthday... or anything else in general. We have some awesome friends here that helped us ignore the fact that it was Jim's birthday and we had a very low key New Years Eve party instead. Heather played hostess with the mostess and laid out a fabulous spread. All the usual suspects were there (no one died this time...although Salena wished the earth would swallow her up when she sang a solo to Jim...so funny). We played games and snacked and visited and discussed solutions to global famine. Of course we found several but we have chosen to keep them to ourselves so Al Gore can't claim them for his own. I think the clever mixture of friends and family last night added a layer of winkwink and nudgenudge that we haven't had before. Brilliant. I wish I'd had a video of the tom foolery but you know... a picture is worth a thousand words...some pictures you'll just have to make up your own words for.
3 comments:
Wow, I was wishing that *something* would have swallowed me...When we got to the van Steven said, "So why WERE you singing to Jim that way?" I dont know where it came from...it just came out. I'm still mad Heather bailed on me for that one... Poor Jim too...sorry 'bout that...my filter was temporarily broken...like usual. So yah, thanks for spending the night with us, it was a blast :)
Hey Sis, how in the world did you find a friend with filter problems as well?!?!?! HAHAHA the whole pod of people!
Birds of a feather and all that... Salena is one funny chick!!
Post a Comment