skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Bird Brained
As I was explaining to Jo, the reasons I might go to the costume ball next month...Kev hollered up from his man cave in the basement, "Mom!! You've got to come see this." Now...I never like to hear those words from anyone....much less from someone in the basement...(
whispering)
....where the frogs live.
Ok. So they don't actually live IN the basement....but occasionally you can see them in Kev's window well....from his basement window.....ick. I reluctantly went downstairs to see what had him in a dither. I will tell you that I did warn him that whatever he was about to show me had better not gross me out in ANY way, shape or form. Upon entering his room...nothing seemed amiss. There were a few scattered shirts in varying degrees of clean on his floor....not out of the ordinary. I relaxed a little not seeing any frogs.
But then there was this horrible crashing sound against the window. After I peeled myself off the ceiling....I yelled at, "Kev what the heck that was?!?!" I looked out the window again and there was a robin sitting on the piece of wire mesh that is haphazardly cast over the window well in hopes of keeping out a few of the frogs.
Apparently this numb-skull had been trying for most of the morning to get in through that window. He even had the nerve to leave little birdy footprints on the glass. How rude!
6 comments:
HA! Pretty funny, all though my wildlife experience was nastier this morning. I'll blog about it later. Eeew!!
Hahahaaa...that made me laugh! And did you go out there and shooo him away?!?!
So that is where my ding-bat birdie went! Last Spring he attacked himself in my laundry room window for days and days and days. He isn't so smart. He thinks he is defending his territory, but he is actually just seeing his reflection. Dumb bird!
any ideas why he wanted in? I got the email about the ball, sounds fun, don't know if my hubby will agree...
Wow! That happened to me once with a big duck, and we finally realized that it couldn't figure out how to get out of the window well, so we opened the window, grabbed it, and threw it up over the side. Silly birds are just one of nature's many wonders! ;-)
I also had a dumb bird, he somehow got into the garage and was slamming himself into the window! I will have to tell you about the cat story later!!!
Post a Comment