Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Olive and Banna Cream


I love the colors in my living room. Laura Ashley Olive #4 and Bear Banana Cream...casts a warm glow on the room where we live. I thought the room before was beige...but after seeing the Banana Cream on it...it was totally taupe. When we first moved in...every wall in this house was covered in this beigey/taupe color. It was OK. It was neutral. It was blah. After 23 months in the house, the kitchen/family room, the dinning room and the living room all have my personal stamp on them. Surprisingly they all have yellow in them.
I've never thought of myself as a fan of yellow. But I must admit, it's sunny nature and warm tones leave the room felling like an inviting place to sit and visit....or curl up with a book and one of the many blankets.
I do like the fact that as I sit at my computer I can see my favorite red in the kitchen, the sunny yellow in the dinning room and the perfectly fabulous green in the living room. It is hard to get better than that....unless I have found something chocolate to sit at the computer and munch on....

6 comments:

Kim said...

Mmmm good..the walls and the chocolate..great job. The living room looks rich and comfy!

Nae said...

Love it! I want to curl up with a book on your couch too!

the mom~ said...

I LOVE it, great job Lori!!!!

Heather said...

I love it. I hope Jo knows that it does NOT look like poop....it is fabulous. Good job!

Rochelleht said...

I think it's great! I love color.

La Mujer Loca said...

Your place looks beautiful. All your hard work and planning paid off. Way to go.