
Are we ever too old? Sure, I am too old to wear bows in my hair and sit on my Dads lap...or am I? I'm probably too old to throw a tea party for my friends, complete with tiaras and our favorite teddy bears...or am I? I'm definitely too old to play on the jungle gym at the park and go down the slide....but why? Would it be unseemly for a woman of my advanced age to participate in those activities? Maybe....if I gave a rats patoot about what anyone thought.

My daughter and Steph are of the same mind-set. This is what they did for a couple of hours a few nights ago. They were giggling and really getting joy out of something so simple....so childish. I love that they don't care who saw them or what their friends would say.

I got a Cabbage Patch Doll for Christmas the year I was 11. My cousin who is 3 weeks younger than me got a Walkman. HHMMMMM.....When Jo was little we would play Barbies in her room for hours. I guess I've never quite acted my age. Maybe I never will. Let's hope not.
6 comments:
Fun! I was waiting to see what kind of pictures you drew, Lori. I think it is important to always to young-at-heart. Always better to join-in than be a spectator. Since I outrank you in the age department, I am going to say that you are just a young whipper-snapper anyway!
"Advanced" age. R U Kidding! Enjoy life!
Your only as old as you act sister! This is why we wear floopy hats that are silly to a utah walmart and love the fact when dinning in a resturant with all the sisters and just your husband we think it's funny to make people think we are polgimists! LOL! We are FABULOUS aren't we! Glad to see Jo following in your footsteps!
I like that poopy color. And I can't believe you're waiting for the mission call. That is so exciting!!! Awesome job, Mom!
I love it, but what I love more is the idea of the tea party for your friends with tiaras and teddy bears...hmmmmm... :)
Oh, sure! Rub it in. Some of us only dreamed of Cabbage Patch's...
Post a Comment