Friday, May 1, 2009

To Paint Or Not To Paint

That is a good question. I always grapple with deep questions like this. What color should I paint the living room? Or this comes up frequently as well.....Do these pants make me looks fat? And I love this one....If my teenager puts a ding in the left rear fender of the car, and I wasn't there to see it...was it really them? Yes, these questions and SO many more are going through my head at any given moment. To focus on one is sometimes more that my addled brain can handle. But for today....and the previous 2 weeks...I have been trying to find a paint color that I love. Not easy for me. I have been trying out this one (I just want it on 2 of my walls because with the wood trim I don't have any white to break it up a bit). What do you think? I think I like it. Now if I could only convince Home Depot to carry Laura Ashley colors. Communists. This was me trying to decide between 2 greens. Moss 3 and Olive 4
This is the Olive 4. I think I like it best. Jo keeps voting for red. I have red in my kitchen and my last living room was red. I'm ready of green....I think....

4 comments:

Kim said...

I like the green. Oh and about the fender...yah thats a good thing to wonder about...we are now finding out, like 20 years later...stories from my brothers..what really happened to this car or that car. The truth comes out 20 years later. So funny.

Charlene said...

I like the green. But I have always liked the colors you pick when I see it on your blog. Is your dining room still the yellow?

Nae said...

The tiny little swatches are hard to make a decision, aren't they? I am fairly decisive when it comes to paint colors, which has occasionally burned me. I think your approach of painting a little bit and then living with it a while is much more practical. I could definitely learn from you!.... Oh, and I really like olive 4. So warm and inviting!

Kim said...

YOu crack me up! I can so tell when spring has sprung for you, how is this you ask, BEACUSE YOU PAINT! HAHAHA! Too funny! Do you remember Travis driving, chances are it was your teenager, and no you don't want to know what happend! Love you! Only 12 days! 12days I tell you! WHOOT WHOOT!