I know you all have been wondering where I have been. Well, I'll tell ya. I have just had a fabulous week visiting my family in Idaho. My little sister, Michelle, had a new baby. His name is Cooper and he is fabulous. He changed so much in the week I was there. He was so much more alert and awake more of the time....and he is just starting to smile. Heaven....

My Dad took us on a Daddy/Daughter date. It was fun. We started at Texas Roadhouse. We laughed and talked and had a blast. Then we went to the movie "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past". Fun movie...kinda glad I wasn't the one to sit next to the parental unit. That happened to me when my sisters and Mom went to see a movie. It had a pretty graphic conversation (about sex) and I was sitting next to MOM! Let's just say it was a bit uncomfortable...

Michelle and I hung out and lunched and visited. We made THE PERFECT LUNCH!

Turkey and avocado sandwiches on Harpers Homemade white bread. I made potato salad (Grandma's recipe). We had chips with Nalley's Bacon and Onion dip, and carrots with Chiz's ranch to dip them in. I also introduced Michelle to Simply Lemon lemonade mixed with Simply Lime limeade. Oh. My. Yum.

Bridger kicked my rear in Wii bowling and tennis and Super Smash Bros. He is quite the athlete for real or Wii he is the king. Lacey and I talked and went to lunch and played a board game. I got to snuggle Cylie. She is the sweetest baby!! She had mastered crawling by the time I left.

Brook graduated from pre-school. Her teacher (Ms. Connie) was so cute! Brook and I played barbies too...of course. We spent a lot time time hanging out. She is so grown up. Of course I didn't take nearly enough pics. I always fail in that area. I did think I got some of Lacey, Cylie and I...but I didn't. When they come next month I promise I will take TONS of photos of me with my kids. All in all it was a great trip. I miss them so much when I'm not there. I felt so torn in two when it was time to leave. Half my heart longed to stay with them while the other half was aching to get back to my family. I love them all...now if I could only find a way to move us all closer together.
4 comments:
What fun! I want to play barbies again!
Welcome back, Lori! I knew you would have a simply fabulous time in Idaho. Now if you could figure out how to be in two places at once, you would be set! Thanks for sharin'.
Glad you had a good time (like there was any doubt, huh!). Cute pictures!
Sounds heavenly! Glad you are home!
Post a Comment