Sunday, October 11, 2009

It May Seem Small.....

The following may seem like a small thing to some of you...but for me it was HUGE!! Last week while Jim was gone, I received a check in the mail from my doctor in Idaho. The amount was $166 and change. WOW!! Oh, the things I had in mind for this unexpected windfall of cashola. Yahoo!! I have quite the list of projects just awaiting some much needed cizash. As I started to make a list...Thursday rolled around. As many of you know...my son is serving a 2 year church mission and I get a much anticipated e-mail on Thursday. I watched and waited all day. My friend Rochelle who just happens to live in the area that my son is serving in saw him at the library which is where he goes to write to his Mama. So...I waited...and waited....and whined and patiently waited. By the end of the day I was thoroughly depressed. No letter from Kevin. Have I mentioned how much I miss that kid?? No?? Well....I DO! I was so ticked off sad. The next morning as I was planning my trip to Home Depot (only because Lowe's is a long car ride away) I checked my mail. WOOHOO!! There in my in box was the the coveted e-mail from my boy. Oh....balm to my agitated soul. As I read it, a few things just fell into place. First....in order to get longer more detailed correspondence from Kev, I discovered that it helps to send him some pics to view. See....the public access computer he has to use is very slow to download photos. Therefore he has to stay busy while they load.....hence the longer e-mails for Mama. Yay me! Also, he has lost about 40 pounds due to his more active lifestyle and lack of cooking skills. He has been in need of a suit for a while and informed me that he found one on sale and bought it. He also purchased some replacement parts for the "free" bike he has been using as his main mode of transportation. The grand total....about $163 and change. Well, very quickly my plans changed. Instead of running to the wish fulfillment center.....I headed to the bank to deposit the check into Kevin's mission account to cover his purchases. Without even one moment of hesitation I quickly thanked my loving Heavenly Father for watching out for me and my missionary son. It may not seem like a big deal to some....but to me it is immense. I love being reminded that God knows us as individuals and knows our needs and wants. Even if I don't always get what I want....I ALWAYS get exactly what I need.

10 comments:

Heather said...

Oh how I love these Tender Mercies from the Lord. Awesome story! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Grandma Rozla said...

I love times when we receive evidence and assurance that the Lord knows and loves us - even a check for the exact amount that our missionary son needs! Life is grand when our babies are serving the Lord!

Teresa said...

It is amazing how Heavenly Father watches out for us! And I, like you, can think of much funner things to spend my money (from Enterprise in lue of my broken arm) on, but nothing better than what it will pay for! Thanks for sharing :)

Kim said...

That was huge! What a Heavenly story....you and your family are being watched over.

Nae said...

Thank you for sharing the evidence of God's presence in your life. And it is HUGE, amazing and wonderful!!!

Charlene said...

What a wonderful example for us to learn! Love those tender mercies that HE shows to each and every one of us!!

Rochelleht said...

HORRAY!!! So glad you got the money. So glad you got the email. So glad I got to see him. ;-) If you want, I can start staking/ er- "stalking" the library on Thursdays? ;-)

Connie said...

Ahh, like your first commenter, Heather, I first thought of "tender mercies". Our blessings are choice for us when we have a missionary in the field. I miss those blessings.
Where is your son serving?
Thanks for sharing.

Cindy said...

great story. don't you love it when things work out like that?

Diana said...

Lori, aw, those tender mercies with a missionary. Just proof of how much you both are reallylooked after in a very real way. What a cool story, that is not a coincedence! Thanks for sharing.